Thread: EXPLORER tables not complete

EXPLORER tables not complete

was about to license an 06 explorer to do some trans tweaking. noticed in the shift times that there are no column and row axis scalars. they are all blank. is this something thats gonna cause an issue changing? no use wasting money on it, if its not gonna be of any use.everything else seems to appear normal. just these tables ive noticed. ive also noticed certain tables in a GM a time or two that had all ???? in them instead of blank. whats up with that?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Advanced Tuner
    I don?t have my laptop with me to look at your attachment but I tuned my 06 4.0 and it shifts awesome.

The tables that are in my calibration weren?t there at all until I compared the explorer file to a mustang 4.0 file since the trans is the same and asked hpt to add them if possible. What?s available for the 06 explorer for me was not there before that at all.

I?d be happy to be share what I have in the truck currently when I get a chance for you to compare to.

Advanced Tuner
    2020 2.hpt

Here is what I have in the truck currently. The MAF data is from a different housing and probably the fuel injector/pump data might not be 100% (before I stopped driving it as my primary I was fighting a fuel pressure sensor issue that I couldn't fix at the time and I had to force the pump to run at a given duty cycle so it would drive nice enough to limp for a few days).

It shifts a little hard up top at wot and I cant remember which table that was since I haven't looked in a while and im attaching this from my Mac lol.

ok, i may tinker with it if its been done . im gun shy after dealing with mustangs. lol. thanks

Advanced Tuner
    I hear you. "supposedly" the 5r55 in the explorer is "junk" but mines got 200k on it and shifts crisp and firm and has never had any real issues. Every once in a blue moon it will not go into reverse out of park and you don't realize it till you hit some throttle and WHAM it starts moving (but it did this before tuning at all).

The biggest thing with the way a stock (at least 06) explorer drives is all the tq management and hesitations around shifts. it makes it 100% more pleasurable and predictable to drive without those (or them being mitigated, my tune may be on the extreme side; or it has values in there that I was testing with and just left cause I forgot or I liked how it drove).

I threw e85 in it and gave it a decent amount of spark advance and it really became quite peppy lol. (the tune sent though I run with 87).

ive built several 5r55's ,including this one, adn they arent awesome by any means, but for a v6 ,they work quite well really. if your reverse finally quits, it may be the tab on the band has finally broke completely off. ive seen that before

Advanced Tuner
    Im not terribly worried about it since it has only done it like 4 times in say 120k miles. lol. its also more of just a backup vehicle that I have that I only drive once in a while to keep it from any problems that arise form sitting forever. if it ever quits ill just sell it; or shoot it full of holes and let it sit in the yard on blocks LOL.

cant open that file for some reason. says need to uodate software. but i thought i had already done that. what version are you on?

Advanced Tuner
    The latest beta I think was the last one I used to manipulate that file