Thread: 3 loud honks driving me crazy

Tuner in Training

3 loud honks driving me crazy

Hello boys, this shi is incredible its driving me craaaaazy what was gm thinking? I have a 2015 yukon 6.2L every time i get out of the truck with engine running i get this 3 loud honks wakes up my kids and the whole neighborhood.. there is no option to turn this off so my question is there a way to delete it thru hpt???

I always thought that was an infotainment option. I turned it off in a friends newer Silverado doing it that way.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    You dont have this in your 16 Silverado? there's an option In the infotainment to turn off horn honk when you turn off the truck and leave the key inside.. my problem is different truck running i jump out get the mail or what ever close the door truck detects no key fob 3 loud obnoxious horn honks. I have to leave the door open to stop it from honking.

No, that doesn't happen at all with mine. For the hell of if I just went outside and started my truck and took the fob with me, nothing happened.

But it may be because I have a regular key to start it and not a push button start.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Oki brother thanks.. looks like a bcm thing dont think it can be tuned..

Potential Tuner
    I have a 15 Yukon XL, do you have the key with you when you get out and the truck is still running? If so, if you are just getting in and out quickly you could leave the key in the truck and it shouldn't do the honking. Ours does the honking when the key is left in the truck and engine is off and also if it is running and i get out with the key in my pocket. As far as being able to turn that off, i have no idea.