Thread: look like a good tune?

Tuner in Training

look like a good tune?

this is my first "real" tune.....6.0 .030 over btr stage 2 cam,long tubes...1/3/4? i think.....dont have cam specs in front of me.....k2500 auto doing light towing but wants max power...duh....working on getting wideband for logging
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Does the truck run fine? Does it start and idle fine? What do your LTFT's look like? VE table appears to be a little rough, also your High Octane spark table appears to be stock. Try increasing the values on your spark table

Tuner in Training
    yes truck truck starts and idles fine after playing around with that stuff.....idles a little higher than id like....900 or so in park...800 in d .....long terms always seem to be trimming so i fell good abvout that...without you holding my hand what looks bad about the ve tables?id rather learn than be shown....until i cant figure it out

Senior Tuner
    If it's the BTR S2 truck cam you should be able to idle that at 650-675 max.

Tuner
    You need to adjust PE table, your fuel targets are :
    0-4800 RPM is 12.1 AFR
    5200-6400 RPM is 11.1 AFR
    change your PE table to something in 12s.

Re-tune the High Oct table and Low Oct as well (NOTE: low oct must be lower than high oct at least 4 degrees).
    start adding 2 degrees at a time and look at your data log (knock sensor), DO NOT add 5 or 6 degrees at a time.

and the most important thing is the WB.
    Abdulaziz T Hadi - E-mail: [email protected]

Tuner in Training
    i and the owner would love that.....get more of that choppy idle....ideas to get it that low? cause in stock form it would stall or undfershoot really bad from r-d or d-ri bumped timing a couple of degrees and raised idle and it works pretty dang good

Tuner in Training
    does this look better?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    it looks like your Stoichiometry is actually on the lean side. 14.68 is ideal. your timing looks stock. i started by copying my high octane timing to my low octane. didn't have any problems and was able to adjust the ve table even more. with the pe mode disabled while tuning that, you'll start feeling more torque. adjusting your idle timing will help with pulling away from a stop too.
    Last edited by natricjol; 08-12-2020 at 10:23 PM.

Tuner in Training
    the timing is actually from a 6.0 gto since the 6.0 truck dies at like 5200...i added 4 to high octane,bumped ve to 1.10%,waiting on w-b for better tuning