Thread: Very Rich into Boost on 2 BAR. VE numbers below 100. Am i Crazy?

Potential Tuner

Very Rich into Boost on 2 BAR. VE numbers below 100. Am i Crazy?

I'm attempting to tune a new setup on my 01 turbo Camaro. LS1, SBE, single turbo.

Car runs just fine within 0-3% error at part throttle. When going into boost it pegs my AFR at 10.0.

If i adjust these numbers in the VE table, it's showing below 100 in boost areas. Am i crazy to think something is up? I've compared this tune to others in the repository. It just doesn't look right. Could it be some transitional fueling issue?

I'm running 1000cc SEP injectors with their data entered, IFR tables adjusted for my flow test readings. I've changed by FPR from referenced to non-referenced and adjusted offsets, thinking maybe i had an issue there. Sort of changing my tail at this point.

Should i just copy/paste the corrections and let it eat? some of my in-boost VE numbers would be in the 80s.

Also...it seems that regardless of what VE numbers I insert after corrections...that error is consistently.

Tune and Log attached. Not that i did not do any smoothing on the tune's VE tables.

Any help is appreciated!

Inj Calc Chng 2.hpl
    SS 2 Bar Take New VE. No FPR Ref 2.hpt
    Last edited by ping king; 08-06-2020 at 01:29 PM.

With large injectors the values in the VE doesn't really mean much. What I mean is that they can totally be in the 70's or 80/90's in boost areas, that happens all the time.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    With large injectors the values in the VE doesn't really mean much. What I mean is that they can totally be in the 70's or 80/90's in boost areas, that happens all the time.
    Thank you for clarifying that. I was concerned i had some issues with transitional fueling, which i did tweak some to see any changes.

One of the concerns i have, i remove the error amount from the VE table and still have rich issues.

Potential Tuner
    i did some runs going back to a ve table i had setup before butchering. i played with impact factor settings hoping to see some differences.

Log, Tune, and config are all attached. Am i missing anything?

tip in 2.hplSS 2 Bar Take 4. Orig VE, Impact Factor Change.hpt
    2 Bar MAF Config.Layout.xml