Thread: SRT 2015 Supercharged - Timing drop on Launch

Tuner in Training

Question SRT 2015 Supercharged - Timing drop on Launch

Hi All,

I need your advices with an issue during the Launch of the Jeep SRT.

The timing drops when I release the Brake pedal. as you can see in the attached LOG.
    I am no using the Launch Control feature, the issue is worst with that.

It is a 2015 Jeep SRT 6.4L with a RIPP Kit (Vortech Superchager) 9 PSI , Protorque 3000 converter, Arrington Camshaft for turbo, MMP Rods and pistons combo.

It was tuned on the dyno getting 673Hp.

It feels very good on the fly but I think that we have a Torque Management related issue.

Trans torque request log.hpl
    Tune 5 Test no launch.hpl
    Tune 5.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    You want to watch TPS and APP volts. I'm not sure relative and commanded throttle percent are real useful because I haven't used those channels.

You still have quite a bit of stuff enabled in torque management. Also, table 44389 is kinda weird looking.

Torque source and knock doesn't seem to be reporting at all, which is helpful (not).

Something is definitely pulling timing and throttle back - and resulting torque.
    If in doubt, multiply everything by 1.1.

Advanced Tuner
    OH, I just looked at the 2nd log. Definitely not opening throttle and taking some timing.

Pedal is shown for source until you hit the rpm limit.
    If in doubt, multiply everything by 1.1.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by spoolboy View Post
    OH, I just looked at the 2nd log. Definitely not opening throttle and taking some timing.

Pedal is shown for source until you hit the rpm limit.
    We push the gas pedal a little to get the 2500rpms for launch, when we release the brake we push the Gas pedal to the end.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by spoolboy View Post
    You want to watch TPS and APP volts. I'm not sure relative and commanded throttle percent are real useful because I haven't used those channels.

You still have quite a bit of stuff enabled in torque management. Also, table 44389 is kinda weird looking.

Torque source and knock doesn't seem to be reporting at all, which is helpful (not).

Something is definitely pulling timing and throttle back - and resulting torque.
    Thanks.

What stuff in the TQ Management ?

I will double check that table.

Advanced Tuner
    It is the trans converter slip limit (currently set at 460nm) limiting tq.
    2nd log shows tq source as trans at launch until TCC locks up and then it follows pedal and allows more tq.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemituna View Post
    It is the trans converter slip limit (currently set at 460nm) limiting tq.
    2nd log shows tq source as trans at launch until TCC locks up and then it follows pedal and allows more tq.
    For the first part, do I have to raise the slip value to 516 that is on the MAX Cell ?

How can i fix the second part. ?

Thanks sir.