Thread: Help Needed - Engine Swap Rx7, LS1 Turbo new to HPtuners (logs attached)

Potential Tuner

Help Needed - Engine Swap Rx7, LS1 Turbo new to HPtuners (logs attached)

Hey guys,

can someone take a look at my logs and let me know what they see/opinion.
    my main concern is that mt 02 voltage is not ready correctly and the car is going "lean" if i understand how the voltage works.

I tried swapping one back 02 with a spare used 02 I had it it did not make a difference. the garage gets a little to fummy so its hard to let the car run for a while.

thanks,

60psi of fuel pressure
    Deka 80lbs inj
    turbo stg cam
    etc.

thanks,
    Attached Files Attached Files

Post your tune, the log doesn't say much as it's missing other data too.

For sure it seems you have the wrong 2 bar MAP data because the log shows the key on engine off KPA at 105kpa, which is also the max that channel reads. You need to swap that channel for the 2 bar MAP channel to read it correctly.

And get a wideband, o2 sensors are kinda useless on this type of setup. They will really only be helpful once fueling is corrected and closed loop can be enabled again.

Check fuses and power at the o2 sensors, make sure they are working. Add injector data, knock retard, commanded AFR, cylinder airmass and anything else you think needs to be logged.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Post your tune, the log doesn't say much as it's missing other data too.

For sure it seems you have the wrong 2 bar MAP data because the log shows the key on engine off KPA at 105kpa, which is also the max that channel reads. You need to swap that channel for the 2 bar MAP channel to read it correctly.

And get a wideband, o2 sensors are kinda useless on this type of setup. They will really only be helpful once fueling is corrected and closed loop can be enabled again.

Check fuses and power at the o2 sensors, make sure they are working. Add injector data, knock retard, commanded AFR, cylinder airmass and anything else you think needs to be logged.
    PM Sent

Potential Tuner
    Tune File posted.

Again the 02 sensor are brand new
    Denso P/N 2344087 / 23440254

I have a wideband on the way, but is there anything in my tune that would cause them to read low?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by drewr4411; 08-08-2020 at 08:00 AM.

What MAP sensor are you using?? I just want to make sure the linear and offset data is right because there are several 2/3 bar map sensors on the market.

The tune is setup to run speed density so that is not going to make the o2 sensors not work. Could be wiring or because the VE tables doesn't have enough fuel in it.
    Last edited by 5FDP; 08-07-2020 at 04:50 PM.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Im using the ls style 3 bar from efisource
    https://www.efisource.com/wp/shop/ls...ar-map-sensor/

So now that iv thought about this for 24hours, I think the car maybe to lean.

so when i first got the car started and it ws idling in my single car garage. there was a ton of fumes, it was hard to breath, and my eyes were burning so bad i couldn't keep them open. I had to walk out side the garage to get fresh air.
    So I thought the that meant to much fuel?!? So i decided to pull 5% out of the entire VE table. And fire the car up again. it still has the same high fumes burning eyes idle.

it the ve is too lean then then the 02 sensor would read voltage on the lower side right?
    Last edited by drewr4411; 08-08-2020 at 08:00 AM.

you need to stop guessing. Factory O2 narrowband sensors are useless for tuning a high performance engine. In the last 20 years I've never used one on over 100 cars, not once. Total garbage.

Those sensors are for sheep to drive the car, so the computer can auto correct idle and cruise fueling to 14.7, which isn't a desirable ratio for high performance engines, its just an emissions ratio for sheep that can't tune their own engines properly.

Potential Tuner
    I have a wideband on the way...

Potential Tuner
    Update,
    after reviewing more i found that my "flow rate vs kpa" was not adjusted for my inj size "Deka 80lbs". When looking at my initial map everything was down in the 10% range. Very weird, because the car used to start on these values. Now it doesn't after changing the values.

Found some more data online about 80lbs deka and adjusted my table. Followed the excel sheet on post # 5
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...80lb-injectors

Attached is my most recent flash. Seem like the inj are not firing at all now. Car just cranks. I can get it started on starting fluid but dies quickly.
    Please take a look and advise.

Thanks,