Thread: stumped on knock

stumped on knock

I'm not sure where to start looking for help, but figured I would start on hptuner forum.
    My truck seems to pull timing for knock retard randomly, under acceleration, or just cruising at 70. It has done thins since I got it late last year. Haven't really found any reason why, tried pulling timing in some areas didn't change, tried running 89 vs 87 octane, no change, and no exhaust pipes hitting anything
    May or may not be related but last week I towed with it, about 6,000 lbs and when you get on it it had codes p0101 come up and lean bank codes. But MAF and MAP seem to be reading good, checked for intake leaks, and the cats if they are plugged, no issues found.
    I have seen people increase the p0101 threshold but I don't know if that will fix the p0101 and lean bank codes, and of Couse those have only happened when towing so its hard to duplicate.
    I will attach current tune and log of just driving and when towing, didn't get that many pids logged when towing sadly.
    2004 with 8.1 and 4l80e. all stock, just adjusted tune for e10, PE, and a few other minor things I cant remember off the top of my head.
    Any help would be appreciated!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    knock sensor gain way too sensitive.

disable burst knock

set 45kpa up gain to 1.1 and below 45 kpa to 8 and see how u go.

Ok I will look at that this weekend. Thanks

Tuner in Training
    burst knock was causing my car to pull timing. if you add the burst knock PID in your scanner you will see the sensor populate a value other than zero.