Thread: 3V Torque Tables How to dial it in?

3V Torque Tables How to dial it in?

I'm calibrating a 2006 GT with a built motor, camshafts and a Procharger. Runs and drives good, makes 593 rwhp. I'm just about 95% complete and I have a few things to smooth out. Mostly I think the torque tables, I have a slight surge after startup that moves a few hundred rpms untill its at operating temperature and an occasional light throttle buck when cold. My LTFTs are in the 0-2% range and my STFTs are within the same, ETC throttle error is under 1 %. IPC Wheel error is between -45 and positive 25, most of the time its at zero. I have been logging everything,

Desired Brake Torque & ETC Torque Request are always the same and I assume what I am requesting from the drivers demand table

Scheduled Torque and Indicated Torque Reference are always the same and I assume based on what I have in the Indicated Engine Torque Table

Engine Brake Torque is normally independent of the others and I assume what the ecm is calculating to be actual.

So picking a random point at idle

Requested torque is 8lbft
    Indicated torque is 42lbft
    Engine Torque is 1lbft
    IPC Error is -7lbft

So it looks like I am asking for 8lbft, the torque table says I should have 42lbft in the location and my actual is 1lbft and my torque error is -7lbft. At this moment I want 8 but only have 1 giving me an error of 7. sounds good to me but if I tell the torque table the engine only makes 1 not 42 it dosent get any better.

Another random point at idle I see,

Requested Torque 12lbft
    Idicated torque is 54lbft
    Engine Torque is 9lbft
    IPC Error is 53lbft

This time I want 12, torque table says I have 54 but the engine is only making 9, my error should be 3 but wait its 53lbft.

So what do I look at and how do I precede with populating the Torque Table. On the Coyote I just follow the torque error, but this is out in left field.

Thank You
    Bad383TA

Advanced Tuner
    I have the same problem with buck when cold, I haven't been able to figure out how to get rid of it (Whipple 06 GT), it may be partly due to getting rid of the IMRC, and it conflicts with something I haven't found yet. Could also be a vac leak that seals as things warm up.

It would be much more helpful for you to post a log and tune, a 45 point IPC error in the low load, low rpm sector is a way bigger deal than the same error in a high load, or high RPM sector. This is an example from my car, you can see I have some massive torque errors in the high load area, but it drives great when warm and has excellent street manners, because the low load/rpm area has low errors. I am still chasing the cause of the higher load stuff, but this is a DD so most of the tuning is done in the daily driving region of the tune. IPC example.jpg