Thread: Help with injector data for bosch injectors BF XR6T

Potential Tuner

Help with injector data for bosch injectors BF XR6T

Hey,

First time posting but I have been reading and getting used to the HP tuners platform for a few months.

I have a BFmKII XR6 turbo, it's an ex police car and I got it with intentions of repairing as cheaply ( Using second hand parts where I can) the rough work it has had since retiring from the force then try my hand at tuning it before I remove the engine and trans for a another vehicle.

I have fitted a rear housing with flapper mod, 4 inch dump, 5 inch cat and after market exhaust, HDI ? intercooler, which led me to my first programming to control boost which I had close enough, while I was waiting on fuel system upgrade parts and time to fit them.

I purchased a bf fuel system upgrade kit from Goleby's, (link below) but my main issue is I cannot find and injector specific data, apart from the deadtime specs in the second link.
    https://www.golebysparts.com.au/prod...856947ff&_ss=r
    https://www.golebysparts.com.au/prod...l-injector-e85

I have looked for the past two days/nights to find anything specific but can't seem to get any clear ford specific help.

I have read the injector dynamics stuff and anything else I could find but with no real luck.

I am hoping someone might be able to give me a run down on the process after the install of the injectors to the point of data logging because at the moment I have a car that won't idle and blows a tonne of smoke.

Thanks in advance

Tuner
    If you used that kit from golbeys did you modify the return in the pump module to suit that walbro 460/525 pump ?
    What fuel line pressure are you running ? Dont they supply full injector calabration specs with their kits.
    Last edited by JVK; 08-08-2020 at 04:31 PM.

Potential Tuner
    No, I didn't know any modifications had to be made!
    When I pulled the pump out it had a walbro 255 in it and was cable tied in!
    What do I need to change?
    No data came with the kit so I called them up and the person I spoke with said they had nothing so I should reach out to bosch motorsport, which I did and have had no reply.
    Fuel pressure is all over the shop, which makes sense if there needs to be a change made.

Thanks for your help JVK.

Tuner
    Base fuel pressure should be at 58 psi and injector data to suit this is what you need. The link above that finnigan001 added should have the info you need to get it running fairly decent. There is a modification done on the fuel pot return that needs to be drilled out to lower the line pressure when fitting big walbro pumps 460/525.
    If you look hard enough you will find the infor for the pump mod. Until you get the fuel pressure right you will just be going around in circles chasing your tail.