Thread: New to this! Please help

Potential Tuner

New to this! Please help

Hi this may be a dumb question sorry. I just bought my first tuner for my 2012 silverado. I added a cold air intake and threw a check engine light. Is it safe to start tuning with that light on? Its a lean bank 1 and 2. Just wondering if I can start dialing in my maf with that light on?

No.

A bolt on cold air intake should never toss a lean code. Sounds like an install error that created a vacuum leak after the MAF sensor.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Good Morning All. I am super new to tuning. I just added electric fans (factory) to my 2001 silverado, it has a 6.0. I used a factory type harness, wired a relay for the fans to come on with the a/c and they work as intended. The problem I am having is the fans will not come on even after I programmed the computer to electric fans. Here's the dumb question; after making the changes on the lap top in the fan settings, do I need to write the changes. Any help will be appreciated.