Thread: VCM Scanner missing parameters? for 2020+ F150 Ecoboost 3.5?

Tuner in Training

VCM Scanner missing parameters? for 2020+ F150 Ecoboost 3.5?

Hey Guys,

Long time listener, first time talker. I'm a cobb protuner and I'm wondering to calibrate my 2020 f150 3.5 ecoboost f150, however looking at VCM Scanner I'm guessing I'm only seeing OBD parameters because A LOT is missing.

Things I can't find that Cobb has for the Raptor and other ecoboost vehicles:

Requested Torque
    Airflow limit src
    Driver demand limit mode
    throttle torque src (separate from torque src)
    LSPI load limit/actual/desired
    knock count for cylinders 1-6 (one parameter per cylinder)
    Ignition corrections for cylinders 1-6 (one parameter per cylinder)

My truck is still factory calibration, I'm assuming what I'm seeing in VCM scanner is only OBD and after flashing the truck with a map, I'll gain access to the other parameters I'm missing (DMR)? Or is there something else I need to do to get the parameters I'm missing?

updated to latest?

Tuner in Training
    This should have most of the stuff you're asking for. I don't know why they aren't showing up on yours, you should be able to select a line in the channels window, press insert (opens channel selector window), and type in a keyword at the top search bar to pull up whatever channels are needed.

I don't know if there is a knock count, or really how that would be shown with the timing strategy on these trucks. They will advance timing until it starts lightly knocking. Also, every tune I have seen on an f-150 has a global knock correction, so you don't really need to log each cylinder because they will all show the same knock correction. I have not tried to change it to the per cylinder strategy, and haven't read about anyone having success from activating it. If you do end up experimenting with it, post your results!

Data Log F150.Channels.xml