Thread: Little tuning help needed. 5.3L60E

Tuner in Training

Little tuning help needed. 5.3L60E

Hello! My biggest hang up with all of the LS swaps I have done is..... Tuning! I just can't get it past my thick skull to understand some of these things. I have invested in HP tuners so that makes me want to understand it more. I have leaned on a couple of guys in the area that have helped but it always seems it "could" perform better. Now, I am turning to the board to give me some ideas to try or adjustments that can be made to see if I can get a off idle bog corrected on this 75 C10. Motor is a LH6, Elgin cam pretty equivalent to the 224 TS cam. 243 heads, factory truck intake with injectors and converted to a DBC throttle body.
    Here is the tune that I have in it now. Any help or guidance would be great.
    Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Sorry guys I just noticed the title... It is a 5.3 4L60E
    8-9pull.hpl
    Last edited by 2tontruck; 08-09-2020 at 09:25 PM.

A data log with a wideband o2 sensor would be very helpful. It's hard to know how it's running without seeing what it's doing.

Some things were forgotten in the tune already, like PE and some other settings for stuff no longer there on a swap vehicle.

For sure this needs some time taken to correct the MAF/VE tables for the change in camshaft, cylinder heads etc etc. This is where the wideband comes into play, getting your AFR down at idle, part throttle and wide open throttle is key.

The PE is set too soft and will barely come on. Then when it does it smacks it with a ton of fuel because that's the stock way of doing it.

Change the enable settings to 80kpa, 80% enable torque. Hot/Cold enable from 90% down to 60%. Remove the 5,500rpm and set it to 1,500rpm. Lower the EQ ratio so it's not as rich, right now it can command into the high 10's which is too fat. Change everything from 3,600rpm to 1.220 so it commands right around 12.0 AFR while you get stuff fixed.

You left COT enable, so disable that because there is no cats or rear o2 sensor anymore.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Here is the pull we made
    Attached Files Attached Files

You have both knock sensor codes active, that is why the knock retard is pegged at 8 degrees and pulling away all your power.

Fix the sensors/harness first. Of if you removed the sensors you need to set the codes to no error reported so it stops pulling timing anytime you press the throttle enough.

Do those other changes as well.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Knock sensors are on the side of the block on this one. I am going to order a new harness extension and see if that clears the code from coming back on.

Tuner in Training
    75c10.8.92020kpaChange.hpt
    This is a updated tune in the truck currently

Tuner in Training
    8.10.8.54.hpl

Log #1

Tuner in Training
    8.10.859.hpl

Log # 2