Thread: Fuel pump for hot rod start up??

Tuner in Training

Fuel pump for hot rod start up??

Sorry if there is a post on this already, but I wasn't able to find it or looked in the wrong area. I have a 66 chevy pickup w a lsa setup running an aromotive al1000 pump on regular fuel. I had initially bought a wiring harness and computer pre-programed for a cts-v and it worked fine w the exception that I have a stroker motor w different pulleys, stg 3 cam, headers, id850 injectors. The truck started and ran but horrible fuel milage and poor power because timing was getting backed off. Had a kid try and tune it and it was a little better but he said I should get it on a dyno. So I went to my local speed shop and when they put onmy base hp was 365 at the wheels and they confirmed that timing was off and so was fuel parameters but they said the computer was locked and they couldn't help until I got a new ecm. So fast forward 2 years later and I finally got back to this project and bought a new computer for a zl1, disabled the vats and shut off the fmcs since I don't have one but I don't hear a prime for the fuel pump and It doesn't run. It will start up w starting fluid but I don't know what to do now?Any help woul;d be greatly appreciated. I attatched the file that I am using.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Please help with any suggestions.

Run the fuel pump off a switch.