Thread: 1999 0411 swapped 454

Tuner

1999 0411 swapped 454

I have been cutting fuel like crazy on the VE table to try and get the plugs from being black and covered in soot. Is there anything I am missing? It will start if I crack the throttle and I have to hold it for probably 30 seconds and slowly drop it before idle takes over and it will idle.... It is a strange beast.

misfire check afr 16 VE table x half%.hpt
    20-08-09 15-14-05.hpl

ALSO, tips on best wideband O2 for the MVPI2? thats my next step.

Thank you so much for taking the time to look!

Put the stoich back to stock. Never change that unless you change fuels.

Is the injector data correct and is it correct for the fuel pressure you are running??
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 99k2500 View Post
    I have been cutting fuel like crazy on the VE table to try and get the plugs from being black and covered in soot. Is there anything I am missing? It will start if I crack the throttle and I have to hold it for probably 30 seconds and slowly drop it before idle takes over and it will idle.... It is a strange beast.

misfire check afr 16 VE table x half%.hpt
    20-08-09 15-14-05.hpl

ALSO, tips on best wideband O2 for the MVPI2? thats my next step.

Thank you so much for taking the time to look!
    Like 5F said, put the Stoich back to stock, and your injector flowrate back to stock. Every 98-00 model 454 that I've tuned has a 22.2 lb/hr injector in it. Simply changing the injector value back to stock, it'll lean your AF by over 14%.

Tuner
    That is all done. I have an issue with the TPS. It is not working. I replaced it with a new one and it still doesn't work. Actually tested both and the new one has a bad spot and the old one functions fine. Though it shows nothing on the scanner. It will start and die sometimes. If you give it gas it will fire and run. Slowly letting the throttle down it will idle eventually. I have not changed anything in the idle area since before I started tuning. Is it all the TPS causing this?

Quote Originally Posted by 99k2500 View Post
    That is all done. I have an issue with the TPS. It is not working. I replaced it with a new one and it still doesn't work. Actually tested both and the new one has a bad spot and the old one functions fine. Though it shows nothing on the scanner. It will start and die sometimes. If you give it gas it will fire and run. Slowly letting the throttle down it will idle eventually. I have not changed anything in the idle area since before I started tuning. Is it all the TPS causing this?
    Have you tried checking to see if it even has power to the TPS? Or if the pin for TPS feedback is in the correct spot?
    1997 Chevrolet K2500 ECSB, 0411, 454, headers w/ Exhaust, MSD, 28lb injectors "Biggin"

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Mangonesailor View Post
    Have you tried checking to see if it even has power to the TPS? Or if the pin for TPS feedback is in the correct spot?
    It has power and the voltage moves as the tps moves. Just nothing from the computer to the scanner. I dunno.... I switched from another working truck to check and still have the same problem with the original truck........ Do you think a write entire instead of calibration would help?

Again.... did you recheck your pin-out?

What did you "switch" from another working truck?
    Last edited by Mangonesailor; 09-17-2020 at 07:35 PM.
    1997 Chevrolet K2500 ECSB, 0411, 454, headers w/ Exhaust, MSD, 28lb injectors "Biggin"

Tuner
    I bought a new TPS with no change. Everything worked fine when the original swap happened. This all just started. I've checked pins, and grounds, cleaned contacts, I took the TPS from my suburban which wasn't working on the scanner and swapped it into a blazer with the same TPS. Hooked the scanner to it and it works fine. The suburban has voltage to the TPS and voltage changes as the TPS moves. Nothing shows on the scanner. Is the computer still reading it?

The computer should still read it, even with the engine off and the key on. Maybe a bad wire? Maybe check continuity from the ecu connector to the TPS connector.

Tuner
    I've checked all connections and voltages. Everything is working just not showing up on the scanner. I am wondering if it is giving me my idling issue. I have to hit the gas a little to get it to start and stay running. It has never done that before. Been battling that for a month now going through trying to figure out where to add air numbers for idling. Still rich as crap. Its stoich and everything is running to add/cut fuel and it still is making my plugs soot black. Anyone have a 411 pcm that came from factory with a 8.1L they want to part with?

Tuner in Training
    I can do it but its not cheap ...credits and ecm

Tuner
    I just can't figure out why, completely stock, would it cut SO much fuel! Everything has been replaced from fuel to ignition and it runs rich beyond belief... I don't quite understand logging the data and transferring it to the graph. Ltft to try and get it closer to where it should be.

Tuner in Training
    You have injectors that are larger than stock ..... tune your ve for those injectors your STFT is way rich and the log shows no )@ Sensor mv info along with more issues
    Last edited by benchtop; 10-13-2020 at 03:45 PM.

Tuner

Tuner
    stock injectors. EVERYTHING is stock replacement. I don't know what sensor you are referring to.

Tuner in Training
    your injectors are not stock !!! this was addressed in above posts 02 sensor mv ,,, your STFT are way rich Just get it the injectors you used are not stock -17 STFT is way too rich stock injectors are 22.3
    Last edited by benchtop; 10-13-2020 at 04:26 PM.

Tuner
    2nd set of Bosch 4 hole stock 22lb/hr injectors and still running rich as all get out. The ones I purchased got replaced from the company because I thought they were the wrong ones. Nothing has changed in that aspect. How can I find a good company and know they are the right injectors?

Tuner in Training
    get some gm stock ones