Thread: l76 swapped silverado fueling issue around 4k

Potential Tuner

Lightbulb l76 swapped silverado fueling issue around 4k

hello everyone,

long time lurker,first time poster. I am having an issue getting fuel above 4k rpms no matter what i adjust, i have attached a copy of my current tune and two log files of the issue any help or direction is greatly appreciated.....

specs below...
    l76 6.0 swapped silverado crank wheel swapped to 24x dod delete vvt delete
    mild pnp heads
    95mm throttle body
    btr stage 3 truck cam lsa 110* 268/264 .553 lift
    short headers
    intake
    5 speed swap

any help is greatly appreciated thanks in advance guys

tune
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1e42...ew?usp=sharing

log
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NJM...ew?usp=sharing
    log2
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SgM...ew?usp=sharing

I have a lot of questions here.

What happened to your VE table and MAF curve??

What injectors are you running and what is your fuel pressure?

Something has to be screwed up there because your VE table is about 400% too high.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Hello and thanks for the reply... these are the stock injectors from an lq4 in the square port L76 manifold....... I have been adding fuel to the ve table and maf in an attempt to get the truck to fuel above 4k, truck runs pretty well besides two issues, sometimes i have a heavy bog/stall on clutch out in first or second gear, that and the fueling issue......

Potential Tuner
    and for fuel pressure i have about 55psi....im running the stock lq4 fuel rail and fpr on the l76 manifold....

Those injectors are too small for the power this engine can make. You aren't logging your injector data and that is probably through the roof.

Are you running the LQ4 MAF sensor and LQ4 MAP sensor or are those different??

The VE if everything is working correctly should really never see values over 100 in a NA engine.

I would honestly start over the stock OS and not the 1 bar MAF enhanced. See if going back to the stock OS works better than the 1 bar MAF tune. The 1 bar tune has no real benefit at all. The only one worth doing on this computer is the speed density enhanced OS because it removes the secondary VE table.
    Last edited by 5FDP; 08-10-2020 at 06:07 PM.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    yes i am running the lq4 maf and map, thnak you for the tip on the ve table, i have been just adding and adding trying to get a positive result..... i will try to go back to the speed density enhanced this weekend and let you know how it goes, really appreciate your response, thanks again!

Potential Tuner
    so i may have found part of the problem, last night i tried to switch back to the stock OS and i cannot get the program to populate anything into the OS window? i tried resetting my truck, my laptop, i tried connecting through scanner and then disconnecting to try to stimulate the population of the OS menu but still nothing......am i missing something here?

You can't 'un-convert' an already-converted file, you have to go back to a file from before the OS change was applied.