Thread: LS2 Programming help

Tuner in Training

LS2 Programming help

Hi guys, got a issue with a LS2, it is a transplant engine into a old chev pickup, the issue is, the Engine/Trans/ECU is from a 2008 Holden Maloo HSV ute, and the instrument data is delivered on data bus, and we are trying to run gauges that require manual square wave inputs, I can change the Tacho setting to crank with HP tuners and get tacho working, but cant get any output on pin 57 for speedo with any of the settings available.
    Also now it only has a single fan/single relay system, but as soon as engine started ECU commands fan 1 on, i guess due to the AC pressure sensor is no longer fitted perhaps, but changing the fan logic doesnt seem to do much.
    Is there any GM experts out there that can help with enabling the pin 57 speedo output, and making fan 1 output work correctly.

Potential Tuner
    i recall from a previous swap if the fan comes on automatically there is an issue electronically in my case the engine light wire wasnt connected

Tuner in Training
    Solved, for anybody else having same issues, to solve this issue, I installed a pin into plug on transmission, Pin 16, this is a replicated TOS signal, then ran a wire to pin 71 of PCM, this is used for VSS input signal on other models, configured the ECU for wheel speed signal, this activated the pin 57 output. Although still shows no speed in data stream. Then just had to mess with wheel size/revs per mile to suit setup.
    Hope this can help somebody someday.
    Fan fault was because AC pressure sensor removed, just made a simple circuit to create signal, no more issues