Thread: Ford ba xr6t cutting power 3500-4000rpm

Potential Tuner

Question Ford ba xr6t cutting power 3500-4000rpm

Ok so i have just had this car come in and no matter what i do it will cut at around 3500rpm to 4000rpm, Have tried different computers, coils and plugs.

Background on the car- Was a 6spd Manual with a built motor, 12.5:1 compression, forged rods etc. Stock cams, billtet core gt35, External 38mm wastegate 5psi spring.
    Car was tuned 22psi with around 400rwhp and 1000nm torque.

Car was smashed so ecu and engine was transplanted into a ba N/a ute.
    Car came to me with different injectors from the original tune and someone with a PCMTech changed it to run the bigger injectors so it could be driven to me.

Have spent well over a day on this car with no results.

The cut sounds like a back fire usually around 4000rpm

Also it is a manual pcm has been segment swapped to an auto one or not, How do i tell?

Anyways i will attach log and tune, Original tune as it came in,.

Any help would be great,ShaneBAUTENZStock.hptBaturboute4000cut.hpl

Tuner
    At a glance you are triggering Tipin Detonation Control. Under Spark > Advance there are two values for Tip-In. Tip in limits - set at max=0, and min=8,000 rpm. Also under Torque Management > General > Spark Torque Ratio Limit set TCS to 1 & Trans Tq Trunc to 1.

Also, Under Torque Management > General > ETC Torque Management zero everything out in both Torque Reduction RPM & Clip Torque tables.
    Last edited by JasonHSV; 08-14-2020 at 01:25 AM.

Potential Tuner
    HI, did the advise that JasonHSV gave you resolve the problem. I have the same issue with mine doing a hard shut down at 4000rpm under wide open throttle. Under easy acceleration it will go to 6000ropm but under hard throttle, it nearly snaps my neck it shuts down that hard? Cheers, Rob