Thread: Gm 5.3 e92 2015 gmc truck vats delete?? No start ??

Potential Tuner

Gm 5.3 e92 2015 gmc truck vats delete?? No start ??

Hello I'm new to this forum and HP tuners in general (HOLLEY EFI GUY ) . I'm currenlty working on a 2015 l83 engine swapped in a older 55 chevy and cant get it to start, no injector pulse width or spark. I do have RPM signal ( hp tuners live data) while crank but thats it. I've tried to delete VATS but no change. Hoping someone has step by step directions on how to do this correctly. Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    In the "Edit" menu, go to the "View" option, and make certain that "Advanced" has been selected.

Click the "OS" tab near the top of your screen, set "VATS Patch 1" to "Disabled".

In the "System" folder, go to "Starter Relay", and set the "Starter Diag" to "Disable".

You then must use the "Write Entire" option when reprogramming the E92 ECM.

That should take care of the ECM side of things, with respect to allowing a start.

Potential Tuner
    Thank you John S. I have done this and still no change. I have also set the vats algorithm to NAO and still nothing. Any dtc's that need to be deleted/ removed from ecu?

Advanced Tuner
    What DTCs are being set ?

To what PSI is your Fuel Pressure Regulator set ?

Potential Tuner
    Thanks Jon S. I found out the issue - DTC for immobilizer key was still present . After re-write engine fired up .

Advanced Tuner
    Good job.

Getting a Gen 5 conversion up and running can sometimes be a test of your patience, and resolve.

Once they are running, they really do work very well.