Thread: Th400 swap questions..

Tuner

Th400 swap questions..

First time playing with hp and ls engines.. Have spent all of my time tuning my 06 cummins.. My current project is a 94 ram with a 5.3 and th400.. My question is should I try and find a manual file for a segment swap? Or if I cant find a file to swap, Maybe just max all the trans limits out and ignore the codes in the tune? Hope to learn a lot from the forum! Thanks

Starting with a manual file would be ideal sometimes, the segment swap is more for auto to auto in my experience.

I did a Th350 swap in a rock crawler years ago, I left it as a 4L60e in the tune and disabled the abuse mode, torque mngt and all transmission related DTC's, it ran just fine that way.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Starting with a manual file would be ideal sometimes, the segment swap is more for auto to auto in my experience.

I did a Th350 swap in a rock crawler years ago, I left it as a 4L60e in the tune and disabled the abuse mode, torque mngt and all transmission related DTC's, it ran just fine that way.
    Ok thank you! Thats probably what I am going to do. I am having a hard time finding a 03 manual truck file.. I feel like my setup is going to have a steep learning curve with it haha

Tuner in Training
    Im in the same boat!

Rockcrawler with L92 E38 thats getting a TH400.

Will the motor run without the T42 controller with an auto tune? (Given that I delete VATS and DTCs, torque mngt related to the transmission).