Thread: LS7 card type MAF with LS6 (CTS-V) Engine - Max airflow exceeded in frequency table

LS7 card type MAF with LS6 (CTS-V) Engine - Max airflow exceeded in frequency table

I was wondering if anyone can shed some light on something I'm running into with converting to a LS7 card type MAF on an LS6 out of a 2004 CTS-V. It is running the stock CTS-V tune with some minor adjustments and the VATS and the emissions stuff disenabled (I'm running this in a miata) and I'm trying to adjust it for the MAF and the Z06 intake and unrestricted exhaust/longtube headers.

While trying to figure out what to do with the MAF, I looked up some stock tunes in the repository and ended up interpolating the frequency values from a 2010 Camaro into my table to try to match to get to a starting point. This was a big step forward and this got the car running and driving, but not running and driving all that well (some hesitation and loss of power under load) so I went ahead and installed my wideband (Innovate MTX-L ran through the EGR circuit) to start tuning the MAF.

After some tuning runs with the wideband it's starting to run a good bit better, but looking at the table I noticed that at the higher frequencies, I've maxed out the allowable airflow amount and leveled off at 512 g/s. After looking around it seems like there's a few ways that people have dealt with this in the past between modifying the OS to scaling the MAF values but I was struggling to figure out what the best thing to do is. It seems like for now I'm not going to get to the frequency range where I'll see more than 512 g/s but just in case I do end up running FI or anything I figured it might be necessary.

Here's a screenshot of the MAF table and I also attached my current working file for tuning the MAF. Thanks!

MAF screenshot.JPG
    Attached Files Attached Files