Thread: 04.5 Cummins 5.9L Wastegate PID

04.5 Cummins 5.9L Wastegate PID

I am trying to log the turbo wastegate actuator DC%. During my logs in stays at one and never moves. Is there something I am missing or a different PID to select so I can see the DC% of wastegate travel. WastegateDC%.PNG
    Also in the tune file under turbo could someone possibly help me understand the min max of the wastegate? Under min it is set to zero and under max it is set to 100%. Does the 100% max mean the wastegate can open all the way? Trying to avoid possible blow up of my turbo lol. I would just do small percentages but not have the PID to monitor wastegate I don't want to risk it. Thank you.Wastegate.PNG

Banned
    The wastegate solenoid is pulsewidth modulated so duty cycle % is how much it?s modulating the solenoid. 0% you can think of as open waste gate and 100% you can thing of fully closed. On 2004.5-2007 you have air flow limit tables, these are like position command tables and are a direct feed to wastegate solenoid position to regulate the air flow of the turbo and control the AFR. Those with an aftermarket turbo that uses a spring wastegate or vacuum can ignore all those turbo parameters.

Banned
    I don?t recall 100% being a stock value

Thank you for your help I was able to modify the lb/min and get the correct boost pressure without touching the wastegate control.

Banned
    Good deal! 👍🏻