Thread: Need help with E38 OS and T43 Application

Potential Tuner

Need help with E38 OS and T43 Application

First off, you guys are legends- I am not.

I have an 08 LY6 swap built that I have running on test stand with E38 ECM ordered off ebay. (Going into my 89 K5)
    - VIN: 2CNDL23F496221931 (2009 Chevrolet Equinox)
    - Serial Number 12612384

I am preparing to order my 6l80e for my swap (in fact they are waiting for me to reply with what my ECM OS and Application is)

I am unsure what year to provide them with for proper OS application
    - I know VIN is for 09, OS is for 07, and Serial has multiple applications (Pulling my hair)

I was thinking going with 2012 and replacing my current E38 with a S/N: 12633238 but had some questions
    - Due to conflicting answers found in forum, I am hoping to straighten some information out

1. I am steering away from 2007 OS ECM usage- I have a dead pedal (APP change in PID but no throttle movement) as I am suspecting this is due to LY6 Truck Throttle chamber and LS3 Camaro pedal, will I also need to replace or re-pin throttle or APP with this setup?

2. Am I able to utilize car or truck E38 ECM (12633238) and if so, what OS should i utilize? (Can I program any OS into 2010 and newer without VIN issues? This was brought up in one forum post)

3. If I wanted to utilize my 08 ECM, would I be able to make this work with OS- If so, I would need an 08 T43 TCM- but what OS would I use?

I have no issue with spending money as I want this right with the least amount of headaches.

4. Am i better off buying a new E38 and would HP tuners be able to program any OS into it without Factory GM scan tool?

I appreciate any help/insight that can be provided
    - I have attached the current tune I am using to run the engine for reference on OS/SN as needed

JUST PULLED.hpt

Potential Tuner
    Adding information for clarity.

Engine/Trans going into 1989 K5 Blazer (4wd)
    08 LY6 with VVT Delete, cam, long tubes, 42lb injectors
    Trans: 6L80E
    Transfer Case: NP241C
    APP: 2012ish LS3 Camaro
    Intake: Stock TBSS LY6 Truck Intake and Throttle Chamber
    Tune: Very base tune copied from repository with tune for Hot Cam

HPTuners will not be able to program a new OS into a unit. If you try, you can brick the ECM. You would need GM software and programming tool to change the OS numbers. To avoid headaches with compatibility, get and E38 and T43 from one vehicle and use that factory tune as the base.

Concerning the pedal, camaro/vette pedals are pinned differently compared to truck pedals. If I remember correctly, you would only have to switch two wires in positions D and F on the pedal connector. ***Double check this info***