Thread: Turbo Car Wont Idle on 2nd Start Up of the day

(Tune Attached for Review) Turbo 370 Wont Idle When Hot

Tune is attached for review and appreciate the help in advance.

I have had this issue for over a year and I'm out of ideas on what to look for. Details on the car/issue below.

99 TA- 370, 4l80e, BW S480, True Bosch 210's, Dual Walbro 450's, 3 bar map on SD, e85, BR7EF's at .22, Stock TB with ls6 intake HP Tuners. Made 830rwhp on 24lbs 16 degrees. Tune by Matt at Sloppy.

If I start the car for the first time, whether is 90 or 40 degrees outside, the car will run and idle perfectly. I have driven the car from 5 minutes and up 2 hours straight and the car runs, stops and idles perfectly every time I come to a stop. I have done this on 100 occasions with no issues.

If I was to drive for 5 minutes or up to 2 hours and I shut the car off for any reason, on the next start up, the idle wants to die immediately. The car runs great, comes to a stop great and as soon as it goes to 1 MPH to zero and I stop moving, It wants to die and I have to step on it from stalling.

When its warm and having issues, I try changing some settings in HPT, do a write config, it will start, drive and idle fine. As soon as I shut it off and turn it back on, it wont idle. I installed a new TPS sensor and completed the TPS reset and nothing different.

It is a little cold blooded cold but runs fine after 2 minutes or so. If anyone has heard of this off issue before, I would love to hear some ideas on what to look for.
    Last edited by lower_the_dynamite; 08-17-2020 at 03:02 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    can you post up a log also of it doing it and log iac position, tps, rpm, throttle follower, throttle cracker, mph, spark

Advanced Tuner
    Mine does somthing very similar but except dying it will hamg idle.

I traced it down to throttle follower. The car wont continue idle sequence until follower/cracker decay out. It might also have to do with IAT heat soak.

For some reason it doesnt effect the car on first start. I load a tune almost every time so it could also have to deal some learning i dont know of.

Hope anything helps.
    1997 30th SS. Torqhead 24x, TFS heads, 223/235 cam, 4l80e, S60 D1SC 14psi

Will do guys. I will follow up with this tomorrow and appreciate the help.

Tuner in Training
    My car is doing something similar. I just started my SD tuning yesterday and anytime i load a new tune after making corrections to my VE table the car wont stay running. I end up having to reload the base tune, plug in the MAF and start the car that way. After i get it running again with the MAF tune, I can reload the SD tune and it will now start and run until i make the next set of corrections. Very strange.