Thread: HELP!!! LS9 Map sensor not reading

Tuner in Training

HELP!!! LS9 Map sensor not reading

So I have a 68 camaro with a LS1 swap. I have an 0411 PCM with a LS9 map sensor. It will only read 6KPA and not fluctuate. I cannot find the issue. Map characteristics are set accordingly.granger wtf.hpl I have attached the log to show what it is doing.

Is the harness pinned right?

I thought two pins have to be flip flopped when running those on older harnesses.

If that is good, remove the channel. Then re-poll for supported parameters under the vehicle tab in the scanner and add the channel back in.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Yes it is pinned right. I have also continuity checked the pins all the way back to the PCM. I have removed the channel more than once and still the same. The crazy part is... without the MAP sensor plugged in, it reads like there is one plugged up. If I plug it in, it doesn't read and doesn't run. I am lost

Hmm, I don't know then. That's a weird one.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Someone please help me the hell out! I have checked everything multiple times. I don't know what else to do.

Tuner in Training
    I unplug the damn MAP and HPtuners is reading like it is actually working... plut it in, clear the DTC and it goes to 6KPA and dies immediately.

You have either a wiring problem or a bad sensor.

Tuner in Training
    I have tried four different brand new sensors and shot every wire in it man... idk.

Do you have a different scan tool, like a handheld to see if the sensor reads better on that?

If it does then something is a possible bug with the VCM scanner.

Which version of the software are you using?