Thread: 411 pcm swap issues

Potential Tuner

411 pcm swap issues

We have a 2000 chevy 2500 here at my shop. We swapped the black box out of because the customer had a 496 built for it, we had built the 4l80e for him. Well the engine shop "dyno tuned" the black box and killed the converter because theres no way to keep it from locking up under WOT. Everything wiring wise went well for the swap. Truck fired right up, but no matter what we do the truck starts to run off lean on the left bank. The right bank however is not running off rich. We still verified the o2 sensors are on the correct banks, the injector wiring has been verified, and even changed to make sure it wasnt an issue we caused. Made sure the injector bank assignment was correct for the swap. pretty much went over the entire thing and cant figure out whats wrong. Also made sure it has the correct OS that everyone swears on. Here is the tune, or if anyone else has any insite to offer. Thanks, Logan
    Attached Files Attached Files

I wonder if there is a problem because this computers file is for a 4.3 V6 and not from a V8 that you'd really want it to be.

The OS is good but the base file is for a V6.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    I just downloaded every 02 express 5.7 tune in the repository and they all show "p01, ECM, GM gen3 V8, 4.3L V6"

every single one. So not sure what to do about that. I do see that engine OS is different. The V8s have a 554 and 557 ending os where as mine has a 776. I can always trysegment swapping the engine and eng diag over

Yes, all P01's will show that because it is saying that this computer can control a GEN 3 V8 and a 4.3L V6 engine.

The calibration file itself on this computer is a V6 and not a V8 like you probably need. A segment swap may not work, you'll have to try it.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Just giving an update....i segment swapped the tune file i had posted with a an actual 5.7 engine cal. So swapped that and eng diag and fuel trims matched when it went into CL. So i guess it was a success! Thanks for the help