Thread: Power Enrichment

Advanced Tuner

Power Enrichment

Whats the best way to set up power enrichment for best potential.

Mine is set up as the same value across the table but i hear its not the best way.

Any input on this?
    1997 30th SS. Torqhead 24x, TFS heads, 223/235 cam, 4l80e, S60 D1SC 14psi

It can vary some depending on the application. Like you don't have to command 12.0 at 1,500rpm type of thing, that would be too much fuel with not a lot of rpm/airflow.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    Ok i only ask bc ive seen people say they like a little more fuel for in peak torque areas etc. I just wanna do the best that i can.
    1997 30th SS. Torqhead 24x, TFS heads, 223/235 cam, 4l80e, S60 D1SC 14psi

Unless you got an dyno and possibly a few hours with it, it's going to be hard to make it perfect.

I never cared to make the most power all the time.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

I set it up to slope richer from left to right.
    Because
    1. HPtuners has so many variables that affect fueling , some of which are out of our control, there is a good chance you will go leaner as RPM goes up half the time without even knowing why.
    2. As RPM goes up that is when fueling is critical and has the most tendency in general to go lean, i.e. it is very common as redline approaches to see that a/f start to come up when it shouldn't.
    3. it is desirable to end near redline with a slight rich dip to protect the engine from future situations where it might be leaner for whatever reason (very common)

Thing happen fast at 6k 7k 8k and more often than not injectors need some extra juice regardless of what computer you are using.