Thread: T56 Swap Tune Issues

T56 Swap Tune Issues

Hey guys,

I just finished a T56 Magnum XL swap on my 2.3L Roushcharged '16 GT. Ever since then I've had (more) issues with torque control and I've also had some knock show up. I've always had some issues with Torque Control ever since dropping to a 72mm pulley and 1000cc injectors, but before it would just flicker in and out of Torque Control under load load/low rpm acceleration, however now it will get stuck in Torque Control in those same situations. I don't seem to have a problem in 1st gear, but it can get very bad in 2nd and 3rd. I thought it might have had to do with changing the gear ratios in the Transmission tab as that was the only thing I changed in the tune (I ended up changing the speedo through the Bowler bluetooth tool). So I changed everything back to my old tune and it might have gotten a little better, but it still shows up maybe half of the time.

Just looking back at my logs now I see that the Torque source will sometimes change to, "TCase / Low Range/ Driveshaft" which I've never seen before. Below is a snip from a log where I got stuck in torque control:

Torque control stuck.PNG

As you can see it changes to torque control almost immediately after the shift and stays in it as I press the pedal all the way to the floor. Now what's weird is that that doesn't happen all the time. Below is another snip where I'm able to get a good hit:

Good Hit.PNG

Any ideas as to what's going on here?

Now on to the KR. Like I said earlier I am running the same tune I was before where I never had any issues with KR. Now I will get anywhere from 1-4 degrees of KR on some hits. The timing is pretty low in these situations (10-12 degrees) and the AFR seems fine to me, so I'm wondering if this could be false knock. I also just installed some electronic exhaust dumps (killer btw), so I'm wondering if it's possible I'm getting false knock from the trans or dumps. Below is a snippet from another similar hit where I get some KR.

KR 1.PNG

I've also attached the full log and corresponding tune.

5.12 T56 1.hpt

Any thoughts?

Log was too large to upload. Here a snippet from a shorter one with knock and the full log:

KR 2.PNG

T56 3 No gear Ratios.hpl

I am not familiar with the later gen coyote PCM.
    But I can tell you I've had similiar issues with my Gen1 that I chased for a long time. I had horrible knock retard just rolling into the throttle in high gear on the highway. (like to pass without downshifting)
    My best result to date was to set the transmission ratios in the tune, uncheck the VID block flag so the tune uses the VID block for tire size and axle ratio. (I have different size tire sets for street and road course use) I just use Forscan now to change the VID block to correct the rev's per mile for the tires I'm using. Much quicker than a reflash to correct speedo and does not reset the OBD monitors.
    I'm not familiar with the Bowler tool you mention to correct the speedo.

Tuner
    Try the following:
    Trans: Gearbox limit: Disable
    Speedo: Hardware: VSS should be 12 not 34 (Assuming you got a Ford Magnum XL)

If that doesn't work then you might need to put tire size back to stock, I've had torque issues after trying to change tire size

So far so good on turning off gearbox limit. Only have 1 drive on it so far though. Fingers crossed. I ended up using the Bowler Transmissions bluetooth signal converter so I didn't change the VSS in the tune. I've also never changed my tire size, both my street tires and racing tires are within 1% of factory diameter.

Just need to figure out these lingering torque control issues at low load and low rpm...

Tuner
    If you still have issues also put:
    Torque Model: Monitoring: Max Torque back to stock value.

I don't know what this torque max is, but I've always had issues with my tune if I change this value, and I'm also boosted.

Im having same issue on two turbo cars currently. This ?transfer case? limit never presented itself until recently. I can?t seem to get around it at the moment. When active it pulls 4-5* of timing out of the car.

Well I spoke too soon... It popped up again under a slightly different scenario this time. I was just doing a pull from a stop light and in first gear I had hit Spark Source - Cylinder Pressure limit for a most of the RPM range and then the Throttle Angle Source went to Trq Red. < Driver Demand. Then when I got into second gear it then the Torque Source went back into the Tcase/LRange/Driveshaft

CYlinder.PNG
    Throttle Angle Source.PNG
    TCase.PNG

Just a few minutes later I tried the same thing and it took off great though.

Good Hit.PNG

I'm struggling to find a pattern in anything here. I think next I am going to try and return the Max Torque limits back to stock and see if that fixes anything.

Full log from that post^^^

5.12 T56 3 Log 6 TRQ Limit.hpl