Thread: Will a SD 2 bar OS work with stock 1 bar MAP? (1998)

Tuner in Training

Will a SD 2 bar OS work with stock 1 bar MAP? (1998)

Would I have problems changing to the 1998 SD 2 bar OS (1250120) on an NA setup with the stock 1998 MAP sensor? I'm not boosted, and don't plan to be, but I prefer to tune in SD and the stock '98 secondary VE table resolution is... limited. The goal is to get more control and resolution in the VE table without repinning my harness and buying another PCM.

Yeah, it will work fine. Just change the MAP data back to 1 bar settings and copy your primary VE table over into the 2 bar table.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Good deal, thank you! Looks like the 1 bar settings are 94.43 linear and 10.33 offset. I've been tuning off that little secondary VE table for a couple days and it's a couple days too long lol. That new VE table is going to be so nice.

Tuner in Training
    I got the 2 bar OS loaded and it seems to be running good after coping over my VE table and entering the 1 bar MAP settings. I do have one problem though. I log my AEM Uego through the EGR input, and it looks like my EGR sensor voltage flatlines if I go over about 20% throttle. I've eyeballed my WBO2 gauge and verified it's not going rich, it's actually staying pretty close to stoich if I stay out of PE. Before I loaded the 2 bar OS I didn't have this problem.

Is there something with the 2 Bar OS that would affect the EGR voltage?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Well, it's definitely a problem with the 2 bar OS. Flashed it back to the stock OS and it's reading the WBO2 perfectly with no other changes. I guess the 2 bar OS modifies something with how the PCM reads the EGR voltage. Looks like it's a MAF tune until I want to rewire my wideband or upgrade my PCM.

You can wire the wideband into the AC circuit or use a serial adapter. Those are your other options.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.