Thread: HPTuner Dodge Alcohol Content %

Potential Tuner

HPTuner Dodge Alcohol Content %

Probably a silly questions but new to HPTuner's, trying to get some logging done on E85 for the tuner.

Car is setup for flex fuel 93/E85. Fore innovations system installed which stated not to go under 1/4 tank, considered empty. Filled up with 3/4 E85 but tuner says to drive it some more not reading correct.

Questions is am i looking for this number to read 80%-85% - not sure if it's accurate? Since taking this log added fresh E85. Now it's up to 63%. Going to drive through a tank then fill up again to be safe.
    Would like to know what i'm looking at though!

Thanks to anyone with more expertise in advance.

VCM Scanner_ 2016 Dodge Challenger SRT HELLCAT, 6.2 L, 8 Cyl, 2C3CDZC98GH314389 [5.0 Flex E70-E8.jpg

IMG_20200810_145540_136.jpg

Senior Tuner
    What was it reading on 93?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by tbrtuning View Post
    What was it reading on 93?
    On 93 it was averaging 8.5-15% between two WOT pulls. 2nd WOT was 11.5-13.5 %. Tuner said they looked perfect and to swap to E85 next.
    Last edited by WhippleHellcat; 08-13-2020 at 08:57 PM.

Senior Tuner
    If it was in that area in 93 when cruising and idling too I would just send log where you're at and keep adding E85. Sounds like on the right track if they dialed it in good on 93 first.

Pump E85 is never really 85% alcohol. I have never once seen it that high around here and I live in Minnesota. My state and Iowa make a ton of ethanol blended fuels and we rarely see over 70% at the pump. This whole summer has been between 60-67%.

I don't think you'd notice a difference between 65% and 75% anyway. Only the stuff from a barrel that is E85 or the Ignite E90 stuff would let you go crazy because that stuff is the beez kneez for fuels.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    my local e85 station has never been below e88 for me so far this summer. when i first switched over it took about two good tanks of fuel to see the ethanol content go up..
    6.4 Whipple Diamond pistons Manley rods, Demon Plus Cam

Potential Tuner
    Thanks guys. I tested at the pump using a REVX tube @ 80% content.

Made a fuel drain kit today and drained the tank. Filled up with fresh E85 (E80). Took a 30 minute log mixed city/highway and sent over to the tuner.
    It's now reading 64%-68% on HPTuners. Tested again before putting in the tank to be safe so must be something with the ECU calculating. Hopefully it's good enough to tune now and be safe in the future.
    The fuel in the tank was E70-E75.

Side note tunes in person>>> E-Tuning on the street+multiple dyno trips. Determined to break 1000whp/low 9 second passes on this setup though and need the best tuning in the country!!

Advanced Tuner
    As long as it stays consistent from tank to tank and you tune to that you should be good. I'd watch for consistency for the difference your seeing and make sure it stays the same. TBRtuning for the win as far as having someone good behind the keyboard for that. Either way I would go with whatever you tuner recommends and the end of the day.