Thread: need help with current tune pulling timing

Tuner in Training

need help with current tune pulling timing

6.0 swap silverado. have someone helping me out on writing a tune for me...just starting and has the fueling tables just about right but says it keeps pulling timing...can someone help out as to why?
    uploaded the current log and tune
    Attached Files Attached Files

My guess is that it's too rich but there is no wideband data. You're pushing the injectors well past 100% duty cycle, they are basically wide open at this point.

The VE is really high and the commanded AFR is too fat for PE. Knock it down to 12.3ish commanded instead of low 11's.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    you happen to know if chevy 8.1 marine injectors are a direct fit?

Tuner in Training
    there 42lb injectors i believe and was just going to upgrade to them if the will fit without to much fueling.plan on staying na with no other mods..just not sure if stock 6.0 injectors are good enough

Tuner in Training
    was told to have you look at the long term fuel trims on the log

I don't know if you really are out of injector because without a wideband reading you are in the dark. Fuel trims don't work at full throttle and the o2 sensor voltages only give an idea of what is happening. The wideband will tell you exactly what the air fuel ratio is.

If it's too rich right now then pulling fuel out may let you keep the injectors you have. But if you find that even with removing fuel to get things in line with commanded you still can't get it under 90-95%, then you need larger injectors.

I'd use truck 8.1 injectors or the flex fuel injectors before the marine ones. There is plug and play data with the truck stuff and not the marine stuff.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Ok ill try to get this tune figured out and see the injector data then.
    I do have a aem wideband but don't have it hooked up yet and don't have the usb to serial adapter