Thread: Fan Control

Fan Control

e67 computer in 07 tbss. Trying to keep engine temps a little happier. Doesnt give me an option for fan control below 192degrees. Is there anyway around this besides a seperate switch? tia

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kthunt View Post
    e67 computer in 07 tbss. Trying to keep engine temps a little happier. Doesnt give me an option for fan control below 192degrees. Is there anyway around this besides a seperate switch? tia
    I don't know first hand, but I've read you need to go to a different OS to go below 192*. Someone else can verify this.

Advanced Tuner
    The 2007 TBSS E67 OS 12611938 has an available HPT COS upgrade - COS 1250241.

This upgrade would allow for electric fan control beginning around 160 degrees Fahrenheit.

The COS upgrade is not without its challenges - you would have to manually populate the new VE Table that comes with it - and then tune the VE using a Wide Band Oxygen sensor to confirm its accuracy.

Potential Tuner
    that COS upgrade works only on the tbss OS?? Im controling my swapped vehicle with a 09 Colorado OS. also e67/t42. i wanted to controll the fans a little colder.

Advanced Tuner
    The Gen 4 COS upgrade was something that HP Tuners had done for a brief period in time - to provide a more "traditional" VE table (like a Gen 3) - until they were able to rollout their VVE editor.

I believe that HP Tuners no longer develops these Gen 4 COS systems - as they are a huge time investment.

Quite a few E38 OS have an available COS. Few E67 OS ever had a COS developed. Your 2009 Colorado will likely use OS 12630465 - there is no COS for that base E67 OS.

That said, there is generally no need (or true benefit) to controlling the fans below 192 degrees Fahrenheit. My LSx conversion recommendation is to use the OEM range thermostat - unless the vehicle is used exclusively for competition purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon S. View Post
    The Gen 4 COS upgrade was something that HP Tuners had done for a brief period in time - to provide a more "traditional" VE table (like a Gen 3) - until they were able to rollout their VVE editor.

I believe that HP Tuners no longer develops these Gen 4 COS systems - as they are a huge time investment.

Quite a few E38 OS have an available COS. Few E67 OS ever had a COS developed. Your 2009 Colorado will likely use OS 12630465 - there is no COS for that base E67 OS.

That said, there is generally no need (or true benefit) to controlling the fans below 192 degrees Fahrenheit. My LSx conversion recommendation is to use the OEM range thermostat - unless the vehicle is used exclusively for competition purposes.
    This tbss is supercharged so keeping it a little cooler is pretty beneficial. Installed a 160* thermostat and adjusted the fans all that was allowed and is doing much better.

What issue(s) were you running into? What supercharger?