Thread: Adding AEM Wideband 30-0334 X-Series to Channel list (2015 Camaro ZL1)

Potential Tuner

Adding AEM Wideband 30-0334 X-Series to Channel list (2015 Camaro ZL1)

Hello all,

Vehicle: 2015 Chevy Camaro ZL1 6.2L V8

I'm having issues with adding my wideband to the channel list on HP Tuners scanner. I'm using HP Tuners MPVI2 and have a AEM WB 30-0334 (CAN). I've read the forums and watched the videos from AEM TV and Tuning School on how to set up, still no luck. The wideband is powering up and functioning properly, but I can not get the channel to load through the scanner. I've connected to the vehicle, clicked repoll for supported parameters, click add channel, type in "WB" in the search bar, and I'm suppose to see a "WB_EQ_Ratio_1 (SAE)", but what I see is "WB EQ Ratio 1 through WB EQ Ratio 8". I've tried all 8 parameters and none of them work. When I click start scan, the parameters disappear. I've tried both the standard scanner and beta version. Any ideas?

Potential Tuner
    It looks like it's locked. Do I need to upgrade to Pro version to fix this?

aem.PNG

Advanced Tuner
    I think those are the ProLink connections. The 30-0334 does not require the pro version.

If it does not show up in the list, when searching "WB", a couple of things could be wrong.

1. There has been a few reports of 30-0334s that got shipped out with 30-0300 firmware. This firmware is not compatible with the OBDII interface. You can tell which firlware you have by going through the gauge's menus, and looking for the options. The 30-0334 should have an option "obd2"; while the 30-0300 has, in its place, an option called "CAn". If your gauge says "CAn" you need to contact AEM and swap it out for a gauge with the correct firmware.

2. If the firmware is correct, you likely have a conflict between the gauge and an ECU on the bus, already using the ECU ID that the gauge it trying to use. Use the VCM Suite Info ( little blue button at the top of the scanner program ) to get a list of the CAN IDs in use. And, set the 30-0334 to use an ECU ID that is not in use by another device.

That should solve 99% of cases.

Potential Tuner
    You are literally dead on dr. mike! I?ve been trying to access the obd2 option for the past 4 hours because the manual says its there, but I could never figure out how to get to it. Instead of obd2, it says CAN and gives you 16 different parameters. I literally tried every single one through the scanner on hptuners and couldnt get it to jive. At that point I figured I had the wrong gauge. I can?t thank you enough for chiming in Mike!

Advanced Tuner
    You are about the 5th person that I have heard of, that got one from that batch. I know that AEM is aware of this issue. And, they will swap you out a new gauge.

Alternatively, I can re-flash it for you, here. With an updated 30-0334 firmware, that has better serial data, than the stock version. But, that only makes sense if you ever plan to use the RS-232 serial data connection.

Advanced Tuner
    I should mention that the 30-0300 and 30-0334 gauges are physically identical, apart from the wiring harness, which is added to the kit, later on, in the process.

Both types of gauges are programmed and tested on the same production tooling.

So, I would be interested to hear what the serial numbers of the mis-programmed gauges are. i.e. do they begin with 0300-xxxxx or 0334-xxxxx ? They may not be mis-programmed. They may have, just, ended up in the wrong pile, somewhere along the line ?

Anyway, then, we can know who needs a kick in the pants

Potential Tuner
    Back of the gauge says 0334-C02768.

Potential Tuner
    I got the same problem, ive contacted AEM and just waiting on a response.