Thread: Runaway idle

Potential Tuner

Runaway idle

So I've got a gen 4 lc9 that I'm having idle issues with. I've got the idle tuning dialed in pretty descent but if I rev the engine a little at idle it like runs away. It'll sit around 2-3k rpm and then creep up to about 4 where I have to shut it off and restart it and then it's fine until it's reved again. Its done it with two different throttle bodies and in the scanner the throttle positions all line up like they should when it is idling normal around 16%. I feel like my max idle should cut it off but it doesn't. I'm thinking either vacuum leak (that I can't find) or accelerator position sensor or I'm completely missing something. Anyone ran into this/have some ideas or recommendations for me?

Advanced Tuner
    Airflow Final Minimum, Spark, Air Adaptives, or some combination (if not mechanical). Need a log and a tune to review if you don't mind posting, otherwise we're just guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by robzl1 View Post
    airflow final minimum, spark, air adaptives, or some combination (if not mechanical). Need a log and a tune to review if you don't mind posting, otherwise we're just guessing.
    Yep, exactly correct.
    2012 ZL1 - Maggie Heartbeat, Port & Polish Heads, Custom Cam, Custom rotating assembly, steel sleeved LS9, No NOS and No water meth. 16psi
    810rwhp and 820rwtq 91 Octane 6400 rpm
    948rwhp and 951rwtq 105 Octane 6400 rpm
    999rwhp and 997rwtq on 60% Ethanol 6400 rpm