Thread: 01 Mustang GT tuning Spark State

01 Mustang GT tuning Spark State

Has anyone had a problem with these cars getting stuck in Cold Start Emission Reduction Spark state when they shouldn't be. Flash the stock tune no problems. Any type of small change tune has it stuck in this state.

Tuner in Training
    Spark and fueling are really difficult because of how many variables are hidden.

Email me at [email protected]

I'm at work right now but I have a modified bama tune that runs great. You may need to trim it though.

Basically, the trick with 2v tuning without access to the torque tables is to increase the MBT and then decrease the borderline and add the same number as global adder.

Good luck and let me know if you want the file, a lot of things will basically make it not run at all. Closed loop is required for idle running but you can disable the O2 sensors by setting the readiness voltage really high.

Also in the scanner, fuel trims are basically just commanded lambda as well as trims.

So say you have a trim of 10%, it will command .9 lambda.

So it's very hard to tune in closed loop.

Quote Originally Posted by kryptoxide View Post
    Spark and fueling are really difficult because of how many variables are hidden.

Email me at [email protected]

I'm at work right now but I have a modified bama tune that runs great. You may need to trim it though.

Basically, the trick with 2v tuning without access to the torque tables is to increase the MBT and then decrease the borderline and add the same number as global adder.

Good luck and let me know if you want the file, a lot of things will basically make it not run at all. Closed loop is required for idle running but you can disable the O2 sensors by setting the readiness voltage really high.

Also in the scanner, fuel trims are basically just commanded lambda as well as trims.

So say you have a trim of 10%, it will command .9 lambda.

So it's very hard to tune in closed loop.

Lots of bad info here!!! The 99-04 can most definatly be easily tuned in open loop with a wide band. (lambda preferable)
    global adder should remain at 0, all wot spark comes from borderline +/- any environmental adders ect
    most of the idle spark is from MBT +/- idle spark functions
    closed loop is only active in idle/part throttle just use 02 trims to dial in fueling for part throttle
    wot is open loop and the commanded lamda you see is a reflection of base fuel table so maf should be dialed in to refect the base fuel table in wot

Tuner in Training
    If your car isn't commanding any fuel and spark torque cuts, then you probably aren't making much more than stock. lol

Tuner in Training
    Without increasing the MBT, or otherwise manipulating the torque calculations without access to the driver demand, and other torque tables.

You will not make the best power on these cars.

Quote Originally Posted by kryptoxide View Post
    Without increasing the MBT, or otherwise manipulating the torque calculations without access to the driver demand, and other torque tables.

You will not make the best power on these cars.
    you do realize this is a 99-04? they is no driver demand or torque tables lol

boy if they is in the 1000s of these i have tuned im really missing something lol