Thread: F150 will not do a burn out

Tuner in Training

F150 will not do a burn out

Hey guys, working on a 2008 F150 with a 5.4. Just installed a edelbrock eforce supercharger and the owner of the truck is very very adamant that the truck will do a brake stand. I have gone back through the SCT tune that comes with it and essentially "turned off" all the torque management that I could find. Even threw the entire kitchen sink at it just to see if I can get a result. Once every 10 attempts or so I can rip a good burn out or two with no hesitation, but all the other times it rips all the timing out of it and feels like the trans is holding everything back. I have included the current tune as it sits for your viewing pleasure.

I hope I am just looking over something. I know this is silly and a waste of time, but the customer is always right?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Have you data logged it?

I would guess its pinging its brains out and pulling timing via the knock control. There is a ton of extra timing added to the mid range of the spark map. My guess is there is no way it wants all that timing, especially now that it's supercharged.

Tuner in Training
    Hello BigCE, I have logged it (have not saved one for viewing), but I cannot seem to find a channel for knock. I know the late models have spark borderline knock or plane angle knock or something like that, but when I check all the available channels on this pcm I don't see a channel. I did increase the timing low/mid range for testing. I wanted to see if I got a reaction with added timing. Although even with the calibration that edelbrock supplied the timing did not make any difference. I have yet to try and take out timing that edelbrock has to see if that changes anything.

Try re-polling for supported parameters. ??

Advanced Tuner
    all of the 3v 5.4 F-150s Ive done needed the knock sensor dialed in on them. They are severely under sensitive in my experiences and will knock without the knock sensor responding in stock form.

I also find that down low they don't like a whole lot of timing especially at tip in when boosted.

How much boost does she make right off idle?

How much timing at you shooting to her on a stab and what afr?

Have you tried less timing and more fuel?