Thread: blown/cammed ls3 hot start issue FIC INJECTOR ISSUE?

Advanced Tuner

blown/cammed ls3 hot start issue FIC INJECTOR ISSUE?

So the car is an Camaro SS LS3 with a BTR stage 3 cam. We added a ECS blower and a set of FIC 127lb injectors.

Car starts fine cold. When it's hot it is a slow start or a no start situation. The last time we had the car at the shop it was a bit cooler out and we had zero issues with it. But, the problem has persisted.

I'm told the FIC (connection not clinic) injectors are the culprit. Anyone have a similar issue? Did you just throw a ton of air at the start up? More fuel? I added fuel first and it was worse so we started adding air and it seemed better but the no start issue still pops up I guess.

Highly doubt it. Run those injectors in several cars. Issue is the tune. Post tune and log
    2012 ZL1 - Maggie Heartbeat, Port & Polish Heads, Custom Cam, Custom rotating assembly, steel sleeved LS9, No NOS and No water meth. 16psi
    810rwhp and 820rwtq 91 Octane 6400 rpm
    948rwhp and 951rwtq 105 Octane 6400 rpm
    999rwhp and 997rwtq on 60% Ethanol 6400 rpm

Advanced Tuner
    I've ran them plenty myself and it's the first starting issue I had. I added another 25%air flow at start up across the board and it seemed to solve the issue. Only seems to have had issues on E85 as well. I think the hot start area is now higher then the cold start as well. Never had to give a car this much air on start up before

Senior Tuner
    what do u mean by slow start ? like the cracking is slower to turn over, only thing with heat is it can affect connection issues make then worse then once cool off gets better are all voltages staying good on hot start

Tuner in Training nathanhine1977's Avatar
    How did you tune the injectors?

Tuner in Training
    I have the same injectors but don?t think it was that. As I had the same problem. I got stranded numerous times. I narrowed it down to a temp thing and added air on start up in the 175-200deg range then added a couple deg timing on start up as well. I don?t remember the exact table sorry. But it fixed the same issue you have and I haven?t had it since. Good luck

You need to look into the startup airflow table....adding 25%across the board on BASE running airflow is not the way. You need to target the area that the problem occurs in.