Thread: 14 gt500 kenne bell issue

Advanced Tuner

14 gt500 kenne bell issue

I have a friend that recently purchased a GT500 from out of state, its dog piss slow and hits what seems like a rev limiter around 5k at WOT, looking for some guidance if it needs a tune or if there is a mechanical issue. i mainly focus on LS and LT platforms so I'm a lost puppy. Thanks for any insight.

14 GT500 WOT 5K.hplbase.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    I didnt bother to look over the log but I can attest that the 13/14 GT500s have extremely low fault thresholds as compared to most other fords. So its imperative the fuel pump voltage table be dialed in so fuel pressure doesnt spike and is controlled well. The o2 delay needs to be dialed in to be close to actual. Fueling needs to be dialed in well. The idle airmass needs to be dialed in. The expected throttle needs to be dialed in. The driver demand table should be dialed in since they do not use wot throttle control thus the throttle body needs to be fairly closely dialed in.
    Basically everything you should be dialing in during tuning needs to actually be dialed in. A lot of ford tuners can get by not dialing most of those things in and it be fine but on the gt500 it has to be or it will set a fault since the failure thresholds are so low compared to other tunes.

In those stock tunes they are severely over advanced down low as well and you can pick up quite a bit of driveability fuel economy throttle response and overall smoothness by completely revamping and scaling spark on them.

Would be best to leave it to a pro to tune it correctly otherwise you will need to get very familiar with the fords real quick.

Another thing as well, make sure the differential pressure sensor for the throttle body manifold vac reference is hooked up properly. If it is not you will spend a significant amount of time tuning around it.
    decipha @ EFIDynoTuning
    http://www.efidynotuning.com/

ether there is boost leak or faulty BPV (By-Pass Valve) load at wot 1 !! . can you post full setup if it has a cams ?
    Turbocharged COYOTE

PM for E tune / Remote Tuning
    [email protected]

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Advanced Tuner
    It has a KB 3.6 with mammoth inlet and headers

Advanced Tuner
    the car threw a wrench light and a code for p0100 (if i remember correctly) I noticed on the log that mass air flow voltage reads 0... is this normal? I replaced the maf with a new oem one still reads 0, going for a drive now.

Advanced Tuner
    Pressure tested the bypass valve and it functions correctly, i did move the vacuum source from the inlet (no boost) to the pressure side of the supercharger (boost) and it picked up 2 psi and notable throttle response.

If your MAF voltage is reading zero, you have a wiring issue or the intake tube popped off the TB.
    Paul
    Modern Muscle Motorsports
    www.modernmusclemotorsports.com
    Custom tuning using Diablosport, SCT, HP Tuners, Tuner Cat, FAST & Holley
    Dynojet 224x mobile dyno

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Modern Muscle View Post
    If your MAF voltage is reading zero, you have a wiring issue or the intake tube popped off the TB.
    I wasn't sure if it was correct or not. The period reads correctly and airflow estimates seem correct....

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ZincGT View Post
    I wasn't sure if it was correct or not. The period reads correctly and airflow estimates seem correct....
    Yes, log period on 2014's, as they are digital maf meters, not analog that use voltage.

Advanced Tuner
    Thank you. I think the next step is to pull the blower off and see if it has wear on the rotors. Could this be a throttle body issue?

Advanced Tuner
    Just wanted to update this, cats failed and plugged the exhaust and mufflers.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ZincGT View Post
    Just wanted to update this, cats failed and plugged the exhaust and mufflers.
    I had that happen on my all stock 2010 GT500, it would knock, wouldn't rev, O2 sensor went out in the bad cat, replaced cat pipe, all good.