Thread: tuning steps

Tuner in Training

tuning steps

sorry for all the questions. i read different post about different people who start tuning differently...I'm currently tuning my ve due to being told to start there first. well i just want to know what the current steps of tuning is? i see in this steps....idle tuning, ve tuning, maf tuning, spark tuning.. is this the best way to start?

Tuner in Training
    before you say watch videos i have, goat rope, chopperdoc,tuning school,lsx tuner.. all have been real helpful along with you guys here at the forums.i read alot too...just wanted the basics on what-how the process should be done.

Doesn't really matter a whole lot sometimes.

The MAF or VE can be done first, pick whatever you want. The fueling needs to be somewhat fixed before any real attempt at fine tuning the idle airflow/fuel. If the MAF/VE aren't even close you'd never get the idle right.

Base timing settings are always done right away so it can run, 95% of the time the stock timing works as it should. Tuning timing for low/mid and top end power should be after fueling is gone over.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post

The MAF or VE can be done first, pick whatever you want. The fueling needs to be somewhat fixed before any real attempt at fine tuning the idle airflow/fuel. If the MAF/VE aren't even close you'd never get the idle right.

Base timing settings are always done right away so it can run, 95% of the time the stock timing works as it should. Tuning timing for low/mid and top end power should be after fueling is gone over.
    im tuning my ve table(i swapped to 1 bar enhanced os).i printed out this guide and been following it( http://michigansnowmobiler.com/hptun...ons%20rev2.pdf ) great info all over the web but this i can understand better...im only tuning ve up to about 4k rpm and have copied and pasted by half about 7 or 8 times,first 2 were pasted whole.at idle and slowly accel normal driving im still getting errors in my ve while logging.not as much but was wondering what they should be to be considered done with ve tuning at low rpm?

Tuner in Training

when it comes to fueling i was under the impression when the ve table was tuned my fueling should be good too?ive got the 6.0 stock fuel injector and flow tables copied over to my current tune.

The MAF and VE are both airflow/fuel tables. If you are using both, both must be tuned.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    The MAF and VE are both airflow/fuel tables. If you are using both, both must be tuned.
    by tuning ve first then calibrating the maf the fueling should be good then?

Should be.

Tuner in Training
    Should be.
    thanks again