Thread: 2019 mustang gen 3 flex fuel

Advanced Tuner

2019 mustang gen 3 flex fuel

I have tested the E85 and it true 85%. But on flex fuel %, it changes all the time -never the same
    Even on same tank of gas Is there any way to lock the % in the tune

Flex Fuel learning is only as accurate as the rest of the modeling in the tune. If Inj data or MAF data is wrong, it will skew the learned %. As well, if you don't allow the car to learn properly, for example through steady state conditions. You as the driver can mess up the learning procedure as well. If I assume the car is stock, I'd say you just need to give it a fair chance to learn properly.
    Additionally, if you're measuring the % , you can turn flex fuel logic off and change the stoich value the appropriate stoich based on tested ethanol %.

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks for response - I let it learn and Drove half a tank out 84% —next day , start and drive - nothing change and the 74% ? Why ?
    Yes stock maf and injectors. I want flex fuel to work correctly. I have done dedicated e85 and that works fine

Ps I let it learn with AC off - AC on and fuel trims and % change too

Quote Originally Posted by paulsmithsr View Post
    Thanks for response - I let it learn and Drove half a tank out 84% —next day , start and drive - nothing change and the 74% ? Why ?
    Yes stock maf and injectors. I want flex fuel to work correctly. I have done dedicated e85 and that works fine

Ps I let it learn with AC off - AC on and fuel trims and % change too
    post your tune and log

paul sounds like endpoint locking isnt set or the values are off for it to set or the memory recall for the AFR is set to use initial.

id agree, post the tune/log

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim5.0 View Post
    paul sounds like endpoint locking isnt set or the values are off for it to set or the memory recall for the AFR is set to use initial.

id agree, post the tune/log
    The endpoint lock is like 10.4Afr I believe and that would be in the 70% range. I noticed the same thing and just lowered the points to 9.8 and it will read 80%+ now.

Advanced Tuner
    Yep that worked thanks