Thread: Set up for increased displacement?

Tuner in Training

Set up for increased displacement?

Hi all - my LS7 in my 2009 Z06 failed late last year.

I`m just about to start assembly of my new HPR 468cid shortblock and flowed heads.

Q - What base settings should be changed to account for the 10% increase in displacement? I`m aware of the cylinder volume parameter, are there any others? Anything in the idle section I should do in advance?

I had mapped the car prior to failure (not related!!) and so have a known baseline.

I will be starting with std MAF sensor still and the standard throttle body.

Thanks all.

Tuner in Training
    I just went through a rebuild with more CI and bigger cam.. Bump your idle upto 1000-1200 while doing your maf and speed density..

Also under Idle>Airflow
    You may need to double the Percent Max values.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub8 View Post
    Hi all - my LS7 in my 2009 Z06 failed late last year.

I`m just about to start assembly of my new HPR 468cid shortblock and flowed heads.

Q - What base settings should be changed to account for the 10% increase in displacement? I`m aware of the cylinder volume parameter, are there any others? Anything in the idle section I should do in advance?

I had mapped the car prior to failure (not related!!) and so have a known baseline.

I will be starting with std MAF sensor still and the standard throttle body.

Thanks all.

There a many. Use math. Your displacement changed by a certain percent. Use that percent change on all of the tables that are air FLOW based. Example base idle air. Used this to fix a tune for a stroked LS9. Works perfectly.
    2012 ZL1 - Maggie Heartbeat, Port & Polish Heads, Custom Cam, Custom rotating assembly, steel sleeved LS9, No NOS and No water meth. 16psi
    810rwhp and 820rwtq 91 Octane 6400 rpm
    948rwhp and 951rwtq 105 Octane 6400 rpm
    999rwhp and 997rwtq on 60% Ethanol 6400 rpm

Tuner in Training
    Thats useful, thanks guys.