Thread: '15 Ram 1500 Super rich at WOT

Potential Tuner

'15 Ram 1500 Super rich at WOT

So far, I've added 1-3/4" long tubes with high-flow cats and a resonator(to take it easy on the neighbors at 5am), swapped a 6.4 ram intake manifold and 6.4 ram injectors, and the S&B CAI for the 2500.

I paid for a remote tune, and at present, I can only see a slight change in power enrichment. Through quite a bit of jumping around on the net, I was led to the conclusion that the 6.4 truck injectors flow about 24% more than the 5.7 truck injectors. Definitely explains why my new fuel trims after the intake swap were 24-26% off. Dialed my injectors in quite a bit, and got some pretty nice fuel trims thanks to NN adjusting its own numbers.

Now that I feel like my injector numbers are pretty close, I moved on to watching fuel trims throughout the lower rpm band(below 4k). they started reading less than 5% so I turned on all my safeties(catalyst over temp, power enrichment, so on, so forth), and tried a couple WOT pulls. At WOT, my wideband is reading 9.7AFR(or 0.668 lambda). Thanks to information I found on here, YouTube, and some of my own reasoning, I have taken my enrichment numbers down some more, but I'm still reading Christmas Ham fat. With that much extra fuel being dumped, I feel like I'm leaving a fair amount of power on the table, and likely pushing towards fouling plugs, and washing cylinders. I've also been trying some spark advance tuning, and my numbers don't seem to show any change, and I'm not seeing any knock, or retard.

Can anyone take a look, and maybe help point me in the right direction? Also, since the intake volume changed, is it that important to the ECU to have the proper number in there?

Tune and Log
    Attachment 102392

Attachment 102393

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    i rescaled your injectors for more control

8-9-20_no_o2-FA_trim Injector Scale.hpt
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Advanced Tuner
    I think your COT enrichment might be kicking in (although don't remember if fuel system status flags it or if it just shows OL/CL). You have it set to around 1250F...generally I see most folks bumping it up to ~1700F. Try logging exhaust temp (I believe it is estimated and not actual temp) to see where it is at.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    in the log its targeting .84 lambda
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    in the log its targeting .84 lambda
    Ah now I see, commanded is 0.84 and actual is 0.71 which is ~17% EQ error. I assumed OP dialed in the injectors at WOT using the wideband. Is it still a good idea to raise COT target?

Potential Tuner
    Thank you for the insight. Will be testing in the morning and hoping for a bit better outcome. Thanks again guys.