Thread: Startup/Cranking Throttle Adder (ECM 35024) Question

Startup/Cranking Throttle Adder (ECM 35024) Question

Anyone adjusted the settings in the Startup / Cranking Startup Adder table? I would like to get a little crisper start and I assume this would be the place to adjust that, but thinking it probably ties into a couple of the other tables for idle. So if anyone has any experience with that and has any input it will be much appreciated.

Advanced Tuner
    FWIW I messed with the injector start up pulse (ECM 3400) but had to use a separate wideband and gauge as the one installed in my bank 1 does heat up in time to capture start-up.

I'm thinking of playing around with that too.. Can't seem to find the scaling info for my injectors (80lb Siemens Deka Short Injector Set - IN-80S) I was thinking of connecting a different power source to my wideband so I could start it warming up in time to catch that. I see the wideband you used from the other forum, I may go that route instead. It may come in handy for other scenarios.

I added 20% from the 2.8 volts down and it fires up nice and crisp.

Quote Originally Posted by McCloud View Post
    I'm thinking of playing around with that too.. Can't seem to find the scaling info for my injectors (80lb Siemens Deka Short Injector Set - IN-80S) I was thinking of connecting a different power source to my wideband so I could start it warming up in time to catch that. I see the wideband you used from the other forum, I may go that route instead. It may come in handy for other scenarios.
    You can keep the car in the on position first this will heat up the oxygen sensors and when it?s up and running then press the brakes and turn on the engine

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by malikib View Post
    You can keep the car in the on position first this will heat up the oxygen sensors and when it?s up and running then press the brakes and turn on the engine
    Not sure how the OP has his WB wired up but my WB it is tied to my intercooler power line which is switched on by one of the PCM fuses (don't remember offhand which one) that momentarily stays on but if the engine is not running turns off after a few seconds. Alternatively I could just temporarily move the fuse tap to constant power but I guess I always do things the hard way.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer View Post
    Not sure how the OP has his WB wired up but my WB it is tied to my intercooler power line which is switched on by one of the PCM fuses (don't remember offhand which one) that momentarily stays on but if the engine is not running turns off after a few seconds. Alternatively I could just temporarily move the fuse tap to constant power but I guess I always do things the hard way.
    I have it wired into the Diesel circuit so it is only active with the car running. Innovate recommends a power source setup like that that as it's not good to have the 02 heating up then not used.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer View Post
    i have mine wired to a switched fuse as well , it's one of the empty fuses if i recall . it stays on only when the ignition is in acc or on i used a multi-meter to ensure switched fuse