Thread: video sync best practices

Potential Tuner

video sync best practices

Hello,
    I was at Laguna Seca last weekend in a Tesla.
    My DJI mavic pocket ( over shoulder shot )+ the SD cards filesystem broke my video into into 4 files.
    What is best practice to get files 2-4 in sync? Time Filter? Is there a standard?

Quite frankly, I am not even sure I was doing best practice on file #1, I just used visual cues to sync.

Thanks,
    scott

Advanced Tuner
    If you have all four videos in the same folder, RaceRender might recognize it as a multi-part video and just automatically concatenate all of them together for you (assuming you choose the first video in the group). I know this works for GoPro videos, but not sure about DJI. If that doesn't work, I usually use the Side by Side option (in the middle right below the Input Files). This allows you to have a reference file on the right (e.g. your first video), and a file to synchronize on the left (e.g. your second video). For an easy sync, you would basically drag the right slider all the way to the end, and then drag the left slider all the way to the beginning which would signal that you want the second video to start immediately after the first one ends. You could then change the left video to be video 3 and the right to be video 2, and repeat the drag the right slider all the way to the right and then left slider all the way to the left.

Some of the tips here might be useful, but maybe not in this particular case.

If for some reason RaceRender doesn't extend the timeline longer than the first video, then you might be able to play around with a simple CSV file that could span the length of all 4 videos. Hopefully that won't be necessary though.