Thread: 2000 Durango R/T support

Potential Tuner

2000 Durango R/T support

The supported vehicles page has an asterisk on the 2000 Durango and says that some models have the NGC1 ecu that isn't supported, but I can not find anything that tells me how to know which one I have. I swapped a nv3500 maunal trans in to a 2000 Durango R/T 5.9, and the ignition timing advance is being cut to 0* on acceleration. I believe the ecu is trying to "save" the transmission that it thinks is slipping because the gear ratios are different, but I don't want to spend the money on the tuner if it won't even work for my ecu. Is there some way to tell what ecu is what? Thanks

Potential Tuner
    The ecu part number is: 56028468AB

Potential Tuner
    Can anyone help?

Advanced Tuner
    The only people that can answer you are HP Tuners support.

They do not support 2002 or 2003 Durango 4.7. Found that out the hard way.

Potential Tuner
    Ok, did I post in the right place for support to see? The supported vehicles page says to "verify what ecm your vehicle uses before ordering", but after searching the web for hours I can't find anything that tells me.
    I sent in a support ticket but I was kinda hoping to find someone else on the forum who has done this swap. I can't be the only one out there...

Tuner
    If your computer has four connector locations it is NGC, three = JTEC

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by zachzuke24 View Post
    Can anyone help?
    btw if it does work it may by default go to zero because of it not seeing a connection to a auto trans. there are tuning parameters to work around it in there.ie.under trans it will pull up to 8 degs. to save trans.i think the trans is strong enough to not have that, i went to zero so as not to pull any. all parameters do not work under trans.but some have found a way to make them work
    16 mkx
    09 mb 320 coupe
    02 dodge dakota r/t 5.9
    which is my latest toy to tune

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by hexdummy View Post
    If your computer has four connector locations it is NGC, three = JTEC
    That's what I was hoping for, thank you!

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by rays335i View Post
    btw if it does work it may by default go to zero because of it not seeing a connection to a auto trans. there are tuning parameters to work around it in there.ie.under trans it will pull up to 8 degs. to save trans.i think the trans is strong enough to not have that, i went to zero so as not to pull any. all parameters do not work under trans.but some have found a way to make them work
    I ordered the tuner and should be able to look into it this weekend. The thing that doesn't make sense is that it only sometimes pulls the timing advance, other times it doesn't and the truck pulls real hard. Hopefully I just have to change the gear ratios and the truck will think everything is fine

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by zachzuke24 View Post
    I ordered the tuner and should be able to look into it this weekend. The thing that doesn't make sense is that it only sometimes pulls the timing advance, other times it doesn't and the truck pulls real hard. Hopefully I just have to change the gear ratios and the truck will think everything is fine
    Was doing the same thing on my 01 dakota with a 5.9 and an nv3500 go into the torque management table and disable it under engine and also under transmission disable the torque management in there as well also remember to disable all the tests for the transmission and switch to manual and you should have a good running setup same thing I did and I have no light on