Thread: Controller Unlocker Timed Out...I guess I could always plant flowers in the bed

Potential Tuner

Controller Unlocker Timed Out...I guess I could always plant flowers in the bed

Popped a really simple tune into a 03 2500HD 6.0, it erased and then failed. Now when attempting to write it fails with "Controller Unlocker Timed Out". I had the radio fuse out but unknown to me it had a aftermarket door chime(now removed) which could have been a problem. I cant get any access at this point, truck is in a no-crank condition. I submitted a tech support ticket, they had me try a beta version writing the stock tune, which did the same thing, waiting to hear back....

Things I have tried already, some numerous times
    Re-synced controller
    Disconnected battery for 20 mins
    Close and restart editor
    Different USB port
    different combinations of KOEO, plugging/controller, attempting write

Any help would be appreciated as already have a couple lawn ornaments
    Last edited by Cavalry; 08-20-2020 at 07:52 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Probably killed the computer. While you wait go to a junk yard to get a PCM, obd plug, and the plug to PCM and make a bench harness. Had one do the same a while back. Truck had a rebuilt gauge cluster and the seals on the ECM plug failed. There was just a tiny bit of crude on the serial pin. Enough to kill it. I wasn't able to recover on a bench harness.

Potential Tuner
    I put it on a bench harness and was able to recover. What a fun time!