Thread: Comp Cams HRT Stage 2 in 5.7 Ram 1500 Tuning advice

Potential Tuner

Thumbs down Comp Cams HRT Stage 2 in 5.7 Ram 1500 Tuning advice

Hi everyone I'm David, central kentucky

New here and hoping for some advice on tuning this cam into my truck. I read through the stickies for a week now trying to get an understanding of what's going on and how to read and edit these logs, but WOW! there are years worth of knowledge to this. It's amazing what you guys understand so easily I've signed up for the Tuning school too, so I can begin to understand all this

I've been a year gathering parts when i could afford them. Cam, springs, lifters, Tuner, AEM wideband, talking with different people in the game already and finally took this engine down last week and got it all together. All I really wanted was that cool choppy idle I see in so many Hemi videos I've got someone helping me with remote email tuning, but were having some trouble getting this thing bugged out. The idle is really jacked up LOL, stumbles, stalls, and feels flat WOT. It's just "off" and I don't know what I'm looking at This is a 2009 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Hemi with Comp Cams HRT Stage 2 cam, CAI, and Hellcat Exhaust Manifolds. Here is the last tune we tried and some logs.

Advice is greatly appreciated, but i've been a mechanic my whole life and i know the value of someone's time and knowledge. I'll be happy to pay for one of the experienced tuners on here to have a look at all this and let me know what to do and make any changes to the file you think i need. Hopefully I'll have an understanding of all this after I get some of these classes under my belt. But I need to get this thing up and running if I can. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2009 Ram 1500 4x4 QC. 5.7 Hemi - Comp Cams HRT2, CAI, Hellcat manifolds

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    the tune attached will not provide what you need alot needs to change

you got PM
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the reply! Can you / will you explain more ? I?m new and I don?t understand any of this yet.

Potential Tuner
    I forgot, I have the comp cam limiter in the VVT. The cam phaser is limited, not locked

So how much horsepower does this cam realistically add ? Has one dynoed it other than comp?

Potential Tuner
    does anyone actually have info to share on these tunes ??

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 09-ram View Post
    does anyone actually have info to share on these tunes ??
    With this thread being over a year old I would search the forum to see if you could locate the information you are interested in. There are several YouTube videos about HEMI cam tuning. Reckless Motorsports has some good videos.