Thread: Tuning New Cars Under Warranty

Tuner in Training

Tuning New Cars Under Warranty

Can the dealer tell that a car has been tuned if you flash the factory tune back into it before service? Never messed with a vehicle still under warranty before and don't want to void my warranty.

Depending on the vehicle, yes they can still tell.

On the newer GM vehicles they will be able to see that is was flashed recently.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Somebody would have to have a reason to go looking for it. If you have an engine problem that engineering gets interested in it may very well get looked for.

I do remember one case of a Z06 that came back suspiciously frequently for new free tires... someone (ahem) happened to find a bunch of paperwork in the console from a Road Atlanta track day event. No more free tires for you, bro.

Tuner in Training
    Just got a 2020 Suburban and can't stand the feel if the electronic throttle. Just want to recalibrate it. Not looking for more power.

I'd look into the pedal commander or the new banks product pedal thingy if all you want to do is change the throttle feel. Those won't mess with anything on the computer.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    yes they see by program coding. by my understanding talking to technicians