Thread: Beta Vaules vs. Prodution

Beta Vaules vs. Prodution

There is a parameter in the Beta version that provides data (Rolling Intg Step) but it's not in the current stable version. Is that still in the tune with the stable version and just not visible, does it overwrite to 0 or does it maintain the .15 value for the Rolling Intg Step? This is for a GPEC2 PCM 2011 Challenger.
    Last edited by McCloud; 08-21-2020 at 12:39 PM.

The changes you make in beta will still remain in stable.

It's simply a matter of visibility.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    The changes you make in beta will still remain in stable.

It's simply a matter of visibility.
    Thank you!

So just to clarify the .15lb is there in the stable version I just can't see it and it will remain at .15 with the stable version even though it comes up with 0? I assume it' comes up 0 as no value has been assigned.

There are many more parameters in the file that you can't see.

Just because you can't see them, doesn't mean those parameters lose their values.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    There are many more parameters in the file that you can't see.

Just because you can't see them, doesn't mean those parameters lose their values.
    Thanks Keith, understood, I could see the parameter just no way to adjust it and it has a 0 value that was the reason for my concern. I will consider it as an unreadable parameter in the stable version.

If you can see the parameter in both versions, but the value is different, it's possible the older version has a bug that has been fixed in the newer version.

In that case, you should not adjust the value in the older version, but instead, use the latest version.