Thread: 2007 trailblazer

2007 trailblazer

Hey there I'm still new here and have been looking and can't find much for 2007 4.2 i6 engines. Was wondering what I need to do to add some power to it while being stock.

I don't know much about them but I can say this, you won't gain much at all when everything is stock. You could run 93 octane fuel and try your best to optimize air fuel ratios and timing but the gains won't be a ton. If it's anything like the older V8 engines it's maybe 10-15hp and you won't really notice that. The main thing people do is get what they can while making it drive how they want. Make it shift better, when they want, make it feel like it has the get up and go with less lag.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    Likely will need to pull timing out of it on 87, lower PE delay, use the Bluecat tool to dial the transmission shift points in, half the Torque Management, and it will feel a lot better. As 5FDP said, you'll get maybe 10hp. I've tuned a handful of early 4.2s, they feel more lively and peppy, but max 15-18hp with intake/exhaust/tune.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS - manual, CGM, 6M, sunroof, mods in process
    2008 TrailBlazer 3SS AWD LS2, loaded, dropped, modded, SE22 Performance tuned. And then some...
    2002 TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4.2L I6, lifted, tires, exhaust, SE22 Performance tuned

Thanks guys! I'll start with that a see what all I can learn