Thread: 2020 camaro ss 1le problems

Potential Tuner

Exclamation 2020 camaro ss 1le problems

Has anyone had any issues with the aem x series wide band pass through obd2 connector? The aem works great by itself but as soon as I plug my hp tuner mpvi2 into it to do a datalog it makes my Dash and all my gauges go crazy and throws every check engine light and code the car has. The mpvi2 itself also works just fine but when they are together something happenes that the car does not like. I even unplugged the power and ground to the gauge itself And it still makes everything go crazy so there is no correlation between the gauge working and that pass through for the aem. Has anyone had a similar issue? I?m thinking the pass through itself is faulty because before I plugged that in everything was fine and as soon as I unplug it and only put the hp tuner in everything goes back to normal. Thanks.

Potential Tuner
    I haven't experienced any of that since the beginning. Did you have it checked already?

Advanced Tuner
    The AEM 30-0334 doesn't "talk" unless it is asked for data. So, the responses it is sending out may conflict with another device on the CAN bus.
    This can happen if the ECU #, selected in the gauge's UI is already in use by an other device in the vehicle.
    You can get a list of all of the ECU slots in use in VCMScanner by running a "VCM Suite Info" ( little blue circle with an "i" in it ) while the scanner is connected ( without the 30-0334 connected ). Somewhere in my post history is an example of this.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...l=1#post621226